Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got 72 chevy caprice

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mudgirl1972, Mar 6, 2004.

1. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

ok guys, woke up this morning and went over to hubbys shop and guess what, he bought a 72 caprice with 68000 miles orginal on it, no dings dents paints in good shape along with the vinyl roof, with a 4 bolt 400 ci. the only bad thing is the color is ugly gold. must be the weather hubby has been buying things lately for me, first the blazer and now this. cool huh /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

neighbor got a 72 bel air this morning, i put HEI on it and wow it woke up, its ujst a 165hp 350 2bbl, body isnt too bad ofr aorund here but its beat and black primered over the original baby blue and its four door and interior ripped up and junk and some wires hanging, tranny th400 original and tires and wheekls olod stock pos ones and exhaust still original Y pipe junk stuff leaking and some poofing noises in exhaust hehe, engine is tired and old but it will spin off that right rear for an entire block

you should run the stamping code off front of block to make sure its really a 400sbc, we were told the bel air had a 400 in it too and welp nope its not

this oen is gonna get demo derbied, it was already gonna be stripepd but neighbor traded a junk ass ford tempo for it just in time even though some stuff already been stripped already

good luck

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I like those old boats. My fave sleeper is a '67 Caprice with a 427/435HP Rat............ /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

cool, my dad gave my brother and me a 70 caprice,but we were 13 and 14 years old and ended up selling it to a neighbor for $250:00.idiot /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I like those old boats. My fave sleeper is a '67 Caprice with a 427/435HP Rat............ /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i am told that cars this old with those engines still exist in AZ and such ? i have never sene one yet, ever in my life

6. mudgirl1972

mudgirl1972 Registered Member

i just don't know what i am going to do with my guys, hubby is keeping car for long trips since i drive a cavalier and our 12 yr old boy is 5'10" so its not a good long distance car, but now the kid wants it and wants to as he says pimp it out. took it out the other nite and passed cars like they were sitting still, the little old lady who had it kept it up in good shape. they just don't make them like that anymore. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am told that cars this old with those engines still exist in AZ and such ? i have never sene one yet, ever in my life

[/ QUOTE ]

I have loved that particular car since I got a book called 'Kings of the Street' (basically details all the hot machines available during the HP war days) and lo and behold saw one last year at the yearly 'Rod run to the end of the world' out at Long Beach, Washington every Labor Day, in pristine shape. Dog dish hubcaps, tan paint and just flat out the narliest sounding exhaust. God I love Rats............ /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

And yes, I was drooling all over it. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif