Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a ? about a 12bolt rear and Dana 44 front.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, May 25, 2000.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I might have a chance to get these to at a pretty good price, maybe even free. My dad's friend has kind of a salvage yard of Chevy's and he has all kinds of axles and stuff. He never ever sells anything, but he has just given it away. He keeps it and rebuilds the stuff then puts it on his other trucks and stuff. The question is, would I have to get a bunch of new U-bolts for these bigger axles?? I have the 10bolts now and hopefully if I get the chance to upgrade. Thanks

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]

2. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

I am probably the wrong person to answer this question because I would also like to know the answer to this.

3. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I believe the outer axle diameter of the 10's 12's and 44's are all the same.Don't qoute me but i believe they are all 3" IN DIAMETER.So all u-bolt hardware should work.

4. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

the 44 will bolt in place of the 10 in front! The axels use the same part at the wheel different centers! And yes the 10s and the 12 use 3 inch u-bolts, I would still get new U-bolts there cheap like 10.00 each!

5. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

Already got new u-bolts with the lift kit. Thanks, these are the answers I was looking for. Later

Alex
    Wichita, KS
    [​IMG]What me get stuck? NEVER!!(Famous last words)[​IMG]