Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a big favor to ask you guys, all help is really apreciated

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by 1979Jimmy, Jun 24, 2002.

1. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

So im getting ready for blazer fest and i need to get my timing dialed in cause it is all out of wackone problem though. I dont have a timing gun. I went down to monument today and the timing guns were like 100 bucks. Im trying to get some shocks so i just cant spend that cash on a gun right now also Im working but i dont get paid till next friday So i was wondering if i could borow a gun from one of your guys. I live in danville and work in fremont so anywhere around there is a trip worth making for me. I really apreciate any response i promise to return it in a timly fashion and in good shape. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

Also anyone know where to get shocks cheap?

Well aside from timing and a little carb tuning and maybe praticing my welding skills i should be set for this weekend.

Thanks for all yoru help guys.

Evan

p.s. barbastard whats goin on with the caravan. maybe we can meet up sometime this week.

2. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

If you get it running good enough to make it down to Hollister I am bringing my timing light.. It is a cheap one from Kragens $49.00..But it works....Dan /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Hey Evan, I live and work in Fremont. I have a timing light that you could use, I do not loan it out but if you bring your truck to work one day this week I could help you time it. You just need to let me know what day and what time so I can bring it to work with me.

4. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Do you work at an auto reapir shop? Ill be there everyday this week talking to previous owner about the best timing because he put a cam in that changed it a bit. You guys rock.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I work in an automotive machine shop behind Total Auto Supply on Mowry Ave. 3456 Mowry Ave. I would be happy to help you with your timing. I have years of experience working on cars and building engines so I can get your timing dialed for you.

6. barbastard

barbastard 1/2 ton status

Caravan is on bro!!!! We've got about +/- 6 trucks (me and 2 or 3 of my friends, plus Useyourblinker, liftedassdodge and maybe some of his bros, and whoever else shows up) meeting up Saturday morning around 8-8:15 at the McDonalds in Fremont off of 680 at Mission. You're more than welcome to meet us down there or leave San Ramon with us that morning. Just let me know...

As for this week....yeah if you want to meet up let me know. I just gotta try and get out of work a little earlier that day...been working like 12-15hr days!! IT SUCKS. Just let me know. I'm gonna try and get off a little early on Thursday night because I gotta finish up my K5!!!

Lates,

Nathan

AKA "barbastard"

7. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Yeah im down man. Yeah im down to meet up. We could meet in front of albertsons in san ramon or something.

8. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I just wanna thank you guys again your all great. CK5 has been such a great resource for information and a great way to get in touch with cook people. Thanks all. Evan

9. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

sent you a pm

10. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

The best way to time an engine is by vacuum and not a timing light anyways. Hook up a vacuum gauge to manifold vacuum. Advance your timing until you get the highest amount of vacuum the motor will put out. Don't forget to block off your vacuum line to the distributor. Then retard the distributor just a touch and that will be your best timing setting for your motor. After that you can hook up a timing light just for S&G's to see what it is.

David