Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a call from C.A.R.B.

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by arq, Jun 1, 2004.

1. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

got a wake up call this morning regarding my citation, now they want to see my vehicle /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I'm wondering if i should run for the border and hide it.

ARQ.

2. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

I am so glad we don't have to worry about that stuff here in Kansas. Good luck.

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

i hate comufornia. Cant wait to leave

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'd tell em to [darn] off and they've already seen your vehicle. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

Sorry you have to go through this crap man.. You're not the only one fighting this.. We're all pullin for ya..

5. druehlman

druehlman Registered Member

Do you have any relatives in Arizona or Nevada that you could "sell it to." I know several people taht have baby broncos that have theirs registered in there families name in neighboring states. You might look into that. I would be better than having "the man" crush a K5, there is no way I would let them see that vehicle agian...

Good Luck!

6. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

If you choose to show it to them then slap on as much of the smog stuff you can..maby they will let you go? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I can't believe they are doing this. Give em hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

I say go to the j/y and pick up a wiring harness from some random car/truck (something from the 80's with all sorts of smog crap!), do a half a$$ job installing it in your truck (hook up one end of 1/4 of the wires to something random). Then go and get a bunch of vacuum line and T-fittings, and hook it up to everything (like bolts and throttle cables).

Then tell them you just spent $3000 (show a recipet you made up on your computer) to have it made SMOG compliant...then let them try and figure it out /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

9. grendel

grendel 1/2 ton status

I say tell them that you bought it this way.

That it would cost more than the value of the vehicle to add it. Also request a listing of the factory equipped schtuff, because you can't find anything that would probe otherwise.

They can't prove you removed that [darn].

10. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

well, the lady that called me(actually woke me up at 6:45am) was very polite. It's actually the most polite and better service I have ever had/heard in a government agency, just for that i feel like given them the $300.00 they've earned it in that sense.

I am being positive and hope they waive it cause I was determinted to fix it so quick. But then again, they can nail me for who knows what /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif there's actually laws out there that tell you can't modify anything in your vehicle without it being "properly" approved. That means take it to the local BAR/CHP/ARB office and have them approve any modifications before it goes on the road. for example; bigger tires, bigger stronger axels, gear ratios, front/rear disk brakes, x-over steering, etc, etc... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

what the hell we supposed to do, stay home and stare at the wall /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

ARQ.

11. BlazerWheels

BlazerWheels 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    what the hell we supposed to do, stay home and stare at the wall /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

ARQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that is what California Politicians would like..... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

12. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

its great how they do all this crap in a state where a trillion clean rust free or pretty much rust free classics are located, conspiracy

not good..

good luck, hope you beat them, registering the vehicle in a family member's name out of state is what i would do if at al possible if i lived there, if i lived in cali or soemwhere with smog testing crap then id just have a motorcycle i bet, and keep a bunch of vehicles from there in a state like here where is no testing or even inspecting, sell and store them, cali vehicles are worth a goldmine in a place like IL, they are so damn clean its insane.. and so many of them get crushed its even more insane /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif