Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a close 2nd in a local Mud Bog today.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Derf00, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Today my son Matt(Bullet) ran is first mud bog with the Jimmy since we have completed the lift, tires, etc. He took 2nd place in the 34" to 42" class which started out with about 30 trucks. He got beat by 11" by a long bed Chevy P/U with a 454 and 39.5 Boggers.

Kinda makes me want to replace the tired old 350 with something with a little more hp.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

well congrats on the second place /forums/images/icons/smile.gif that is still cool /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

mabe a ram jet 502? HEHE i havent heard much about them but I bet they would be bad and not to bad of gas because the FI

4. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Thats really cool!
    Tell Matt congrads! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Right on buddy! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif You made him clean all that crud off it, right? /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Absolutely! Fortunately it wasn't a real soupy wet bog, just stickey. The engine compartment is clean, just the underside is really nasty.

8. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

That's awesome Fred! Did you get any pic's? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Rene

9. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

Yeah, never had so much fun with so many hillbillies /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif This was my first competition of this matter, and really had no clue what to do besides line up put it in 4wd and mash the skinny pedal. Everyone in the mud bog had two runs to get the farthest in the 110ft pit. The pit was develish, first a mud ramp into the pit that would make you nose dive into black clay then evey 10-15ft another hill or ramp to make someone high center and the last 10ft of the pit was a 6ft pit that could swallow any 44in bogger. When it came to my turn I put the 241 in 4Lo and and 1st gear, on the first run I went 83.6ft and was in 6th place, I was not happy /forums/images/icons/mad.gif At the time the furthest was a blue Lwd bed chevy with a BB and 38 Denman GH's that went 91 ft. So after watching every one else and how they picked they lines, I walked over to the Jimmy and aired down to 20 in the front, 15 in the rear and air up the Ranchos to 5. On the second run they let us back up 20ft for a head start, I went balls to the wall on that run. Started off in 1st and shifted to second 30ft into it to get speed and at the final 15 ft downshifted into 1st at full throttle for a good launch into the 6ft deep pit /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Once I ceased foward momentum i opened the door just enough to see that the mud was up to the bottom of my door and had swallowed my 37's /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif I was impressed to say the least, felt like jumping onto my hood and doing a touch down dance /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif But I was beat by a hick in a BB chevy 39.5 Boggers, but he was a pro at this and had such a lopey cam. Not bad for my first truck and a Stock motor, tranny, and trans case!!! All I need to do is convince my Dad (Derf00) to let me drop in a 468 MPI BB and give those hillbilles and rice burners a run for thier money on a track or mud pit /forums/images/icons/wink.gif