Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a few things done today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, May 6, 2004.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

Today I got the front diff all full, only 3 quarts low but I knew that.
    I think I got most of the bugs worked out of the fuel system. When I initially got it running I set the carb with open headers and not since I had the exhaust on. I think I had the timing a bit too far advanced too. Got the timing back to +4*, adjusted the air/fuel mix and idle speed. It seems to have cured the popping back thru the carb. Could be some of the new "GOOD" gas working it's way into the system too.
    The fun project today was puttin on the front shock towers. Passenger side wasn't too bad. Hardest part there was drilling thru the bracket and frame with a dull bit. I forgot to get my sharpener back from a friend Then trying to reach inside the passenger side frame rail. There isnt much room due to the location of the header. I also had to be very careful drilling cause inside the framerail was 2 fuel lines and a brake line which you cannot see or feel while drilling..so I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. The bottom bolt hole just barely missed one of the hardlines. I don't even know if there is a measurement for how close it was. I had to practice some new contorsion techniques. Drivers side had no problems at all except for the mechanical clutch linkage, more specifically the arm from the clutch pedal. After a few fittings and grindings I got it to work out. This takes 2 people and was the main reason I didn't get anything else done today. Had to wait for the boy to get home from school to hold in the clutch so I could see where it was hitting the shock tower.
    I will try to take it for a test drive tomorrow to see it it helps the handling any.
    Tomorrows project will be fabbing drivers seat bracket and putting on the hood scoop...I can hear the grinder now..aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Well thats all well and good

So what are the capacities of the D60 and 14, I need to do my diffs tomorrow.......

You owe me $20 in latches wiener!

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

OK...last post before bed.I have the MOO diff covers so I think it gave me a little extra but it's close to 5 qts ea

[ QUOTE ]
    You owe me $20 in latches wiener

[/ QUOTE ]

Put it on my tab /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

4. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

WTH is a MOO diff cover? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    WTH is a MOO diff cover? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Behold....
    [​IMG]

Clicky