Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

**Got a FREE AC Delco 700R4 & Updated pics of custom bumper

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 1986Blazer, Apr 18, 2002.

1. 1986Blazer

1986Blazer 1/2 ton status

Well.....I have been away for awhile but I have been busy. I finally put the K5 into the Service Dept at our local Key West Chevy dealer. I had about 2 weeks left on the warranty for the 700R4 I installed. It had been slipping, as I talked about in several past posts. The dealer started to dick me around but they finally agreed to replace the tranny once they found significant metal in the pan and low internal fluid pressure. 4 days later I drove away with a NEW AC DELCO 700R4!!!!!! Yahoooooooo!

I have also been VERY busy working on my custom bumper. I have two class periods left in welding and I am almost finished. It looks great if I do say so myself. I have POR15 when I am ready to paint it. I am working on the mounting brackets. I am going to fabricate them out of 1/2" steel with extra supports. I am also installing backup lights. Check out the pics and let me know what you think!

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Bumper.html>http://www.geocities.com/keywestk5/Bumper.html</a>

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Looks good!! How much would you guess its going to weigh? Got plans for like an extra 2" lift in the rear vs front? Over all I really like it!!

3. 1986Blazer

I am installing a 4" Rough Country along with a new 14Bolt in the next few months.

4. Skigirl

Skigirl 1/2 ton status

Very nice! Good work./forums/images/icons/smile.gif

5. 1986Blazer

Can some of the people that have made their own tire carriers PM me. I have a question on how long the part that the tire bolts to extends from the tire carrier main frame. I need this info by next Monday. I plan to use 35" tires. Thanks