Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a HELL of a deal on 2 Dana 44's Today, And I'm braggin!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Corey-88K5, Dec 27, 2000.

1. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 17, 2000
    Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Got a HELL of a deal on 2 Dana 44\'s Today, And I\'m braggin!

I have been watching this combo in the paper for some time. It consited of: TH350/203 w/ Shifters, and Dana44. All for $450. Well I decided to call the guy. Turns out the T-case is gone. But he has 2 dana's, 10blt housing and the trans still. The good thing is, he now only wants 200 to get it out of his backyard. After 2 days of thinking of it, I call him again, and tell him I'm on my way. After getting out there, looking at everything, one Dana is complete with EVERYTHING including Subframe, Springs, shocks, tires, brake rotors & calipers, hubs, swaybar, steering box & PUMP! CRAP! This has Everything. Its a 78 w/ 2.73:1's in it. The other one is Intact completely w/brakes, hubs, rotors, calipers (NEW warn hubs at that!). Its out of a 82 K5 and has 3.73:1. I also opt for the Trans. He still has the adapter for the trans to t-case to go along with it. Well as we are figuring out how the heck to get this damn subframe onto the trailer a couple other guys are waiting to get past my truck (witch is blocking the road right now. They offer to help. I ended up running the winch cable under the truck, through the trailer and pulled it up. One guy wants to buy the trans, and gives me $100 for it! Now I end up getting the 2 Dana's, 10blt rearend housing w/axles & driveshaft for something. All that for $100. PLUS! The D44 w/2.73:1 is for a friend. So, I got me a dana for $50!

HELL YA!!!!!

(plus the friend is splitting the cost of my fuel & trailer rental!!!!!)

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez>http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez</A>