Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a job offer the other day, I think I might take it.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MOABDADC22, Oct 16, 2003.

1. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

I got a job offer the other day from a local street rod/custom shop. Turns out, he has heard my name and seen some of my work. (I do alot of car/truck stuff on the side) I used to stop in all the time when I was on day shift and see the owner, so that probably helped.

It is not a huge outfit like Boyd Coddington, but he does alot of restoration and custom work. He said that he is getting alot of 4x4 business lately and thought an extra hand would be a good idea.

As an added bonus, he rents part of his shop to the local Rhino Lining dealer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

I would work there on my 3 days off every week and have access to alot of specialized equipment to use on my own projects. It will be pretty cool to get paid for what I enjoy.

Just thought I would share that with you all. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

wahooooo what shop is it??? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I didn't think there were any shops in this town that cater to 4x4's other than that joke of a shop downtown behind kum n go /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

oh and congrats on the 1000th post /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. MOABDADC22

Frontier Rod & Restoration...........Just down SGH from you. He is not a full time 4x4 shop yet, but would easily put D's 4WD out of business. D's is a joke. I would not let those idiots work on my bicycle.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good lord, leave it to badger-boy to pad his # of posts not once, but TWICE. Hello edit feature! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

j

6. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

what kinda shiznit do they do??? I might bring em some business when I have some money if they can do something I need /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. MOABDADC22

They mostly do rod/custom work (chopping tops, suicide doors,shaving emblems, frenching headlights, paint, etc..)

8. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

padding's the bomb yo... I'm not September's post whore o' the month for nothing /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    They mostly do rod/custom work (chopping tops, suicide doors,shaving emblems, frenching headlights, paint, etc..)

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif I'll go get my chop topped... or top chopped... something like that...

yeah... my chopped, lifted Xploder with suicide doors and the sparkly paint that changes colors when you look at it from different angles... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

Ah yes, there's nothing like doing what you love for a living to turn it into something you hate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Since it's a side job you'll probably be fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. got_mud

got_mud 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ah yes, there's nothing like doing what you love for a living to turn it into something you hate. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Since it's a side job you'll probably be fine. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, nothing worse than a hobby with a deadline.

12. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

I would like to go on the record and say that i"v been screwed by D's, as I'm sure others have been to. Back in 2000 when I lived in Cheyenne & new nothing (or almost nothin) about 4x4s, I had some work there. They majorly took advantage of me without so much as a kiss. I'd recommend driving to Fort Collins or Denver first. Too bad there's not more competition up there.

13. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I've come up with the idea of opening a 4x4 shop to put D's out of business... But I don't know what kind of demand there is... it'd be YEARS in the future, I should probably know more myself... and finish up college where I'm studying business... Maybe I'll get me a certificate in entreprenuership, find me a partner, and beat the crap out of D and his stupid good for nothing 4x4 shop... Their freaking Jerry cans are $50... I went to a hardware store and got the SAME CANS for $20 each... Only thing I ever bought from D's was a tow strap, and it wasn't nearly as durable as the dude working there said it was, and yeah I was using it correctly /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

14. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and it wasn't nearly as durable as the dude working there said it was, and yeah I was using it correctly

[/ QUOTE ]

You're suppose to use the tow strap for towing vehicles, not strange S&M games with the cow down the road..................... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif