Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a job today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 16, 2005.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

So I've been here in Boone since the 20th of August with no form of income. I called around a few places before I moved up here, but none were hiring. I left my contact info with them just in case.......

Well, yesterday I come home to a message on the answer machine. It's Bob, (yes Bob :haha:) from A&B Outdoors. He wants me to go there today and talk to him.

So after my last class, I get decent and head on over. Given, it's a little hole in the wall, but he is well equipped. As soon as I show up, he starts telling me what I'll be doing and where I'll be working.

Then he asks me what I would like my salary to be. I said, "I was making $7.50 at my old job, but since I don't have ANY form of income, I'll take whatever you are offering."

He said, "Well, I need someone to work part-time for me. The season is about over and we have a bunch of jobs left over and we need to get them done. This will be a permanent position for you, if you choose to stay."

I said, "Ok. I'll do whatever is needed."

This guy is SUPER cool! I couldn't believe my luck. But after what he said next, I about fell out on the floor.

He says, "Well, we get $50 an hour for labor out here. You can work whenever you want since I know you're in school. I'm going to start you off at $15 an hour!!!!!

I damn near died right there.........

He has made my year!

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Good on ya man! Show him he made a good choice in hiring you.

3. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Maybe He thinks Your cute :D

4. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

5. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

:haha:

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Hmmm....

I congratulate you!!..gee--winter is approaching here soon,and the most I have ever made when I last worked a real job here in MA was 8 bucks an hour in 1994...and NC has lots of Rhonda Vincent concerts,and its closer to TN... :thinking: :thinking: ..I should get the "F" outta here and start a new life. :laugh: .had about enough of being a 77 year old mothers babysitter who appreciates NOTHING,and does nothing but BEOTCH!!.. :doah: I can cope with an occaisional hurricane--I lived thru enough "Nor'easters here... :rolleyes:

I wonder if any auto zones are hiring there?--I could probably get a job here,but I'm tired of living in rust,salt,and snow land 6 months of the year.. :( :crazy:

I wish I could have made 15 bucks an hour right out of school,I'd be retired already... :p:

7. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

all i can say man, is just do whatever makes you happy.....this coming from a comeplet and unteerly drunk rfgy right now though.

that'sl all i [ve ever done and i guess it has worked out so fayr.