Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got A K5!!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by RockBurb, Apr 6, 2002.

1. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

Just thought id let everyone know /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Found an add for an 86 that someone was parting out because of an electrical fire, andc I bought the tub, top, frame and miscelaneous for 300 dollars. Did I mention there is NO rust anywhere. Tub is absolutely perfect, not a scratch nor a dent, nor a trace of rust. Even floor looks new /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Now all I need is fenders, hood, doors, and a tailgate. Anyone? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif (Oh and swap my burb drivetrain onto it.)

2. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

You lucky @#$%% I am looking for a rust free and straigh 74 body. If you know anyone that is parting one out let me know. I only need the tub.

3. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

HeHe Im actually from Midlan, goin to school out here. It was real luck, but it woul be a miracle to fincd one back there. $)(*&%()$() rust!!!!

4. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

I have a complete "near perfect" front clip for sale.. I'm in Central Texas though.. only asking $250.00
    Includes hood, fenders, inner fender wells, cowl, radiator support and hinges also has 4 headllight system.. grill is the only thing missing..
    Congrats on your find..

5. shoeless

shoeless Registered Member

You got the fenders, hood, and doors on the 'Burb.....might not match color wise, but they'll work.

6. RockBurb

RockBurb 1/2 ton status

Front clip would work well as its in pretty good shape and its black, but the doors are trashedc #%*)#% Michigan rust! Really need a tailgate and doors!

7. wheelnut46

wheelnut46 1/2 ton status

hehe I was just thinking...
    I wonder if heat treating (elec. fire) makes the blazer body less prone to stress, fatique or case hardened.

8. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i got a tailgate out of my 74. if you want you can e-mail me and when i get my house(should be VERY soon) then i can let you know it is finaly up for sale.
    grant
    ps, i might be selling my hood also.

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

from what i have seen fire makes rust worse if it kills the paint all the way
    lots of surface rust then
    grant