Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a little bit done today

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Feb 26, 2005.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

I had a pretty good day today playing with the truck. Went out this morning and it wouldn’t start…..I checked the battery cables as I suspected they were the cause and sure enough, this is what I found……..

[​IMG]

Notice the small hose clamp holding the ground cable to a bolt threaded into the battery…..got to love engineering like this! I mean really…..the cheap bastard couldn’t afford to put a new cable end on …….So I ran over to Autozone and bought a cheap battery, battery box, ground cable and a brass connector for the positive cable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This is a temporary solution, I will pick up a sealed cell battery and a decent tray and hold down, I just needed to be able to start and move it around without killing myself or anyone else.

I also got rid of the back seat or at least what was left of it. Apparently, it was home to a rather large group of mice…..and we’re not talking country field mouse, no sir, these had to be city dwelling mice:haha: . Hell, I half expected to find an elevator right there in the seat, right next to the half chewed roll of electrical tape and beside the stack of candy bar wrappers. Apparently, Snickers are the candy bar of choice for Arizona mice. It was actually pretty funny…..whatever mouse did this really had his ***t together!

Oh well………

Andrew:D

hey, how do you re-size images posted her? I set them at 500x375 on the web site but when I post them here, they went back to full size.

2. FWP

FWP CRS

What's the deal with the red tube contraption stickin out of the floor???

3. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I haven't seen it yet , but it looks like Andrews truck has shock mounts there :thinking:

4. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

The best I can tell at this point is that it was set up for coil overs or really long shocks. A section of the cage had been cut out and was attached to the bottom of the rear seat. I kept the Pcs for reference when I set about putting it back together. They also cut out the rear harness bar…..go figure!

It really looks like some serious thought went into the rig, but based on the appearance of the welds, not a lot of skill. Here are a couple of pic’s showing some more detail and the section that was cut out.

I’ve got a lot of work ahead me……..:thumb:

Thanks,

Andrew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]