Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a little done this weekend

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big pappa b, Mar 6, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

In my quest to have everything done for ECBB I found some time this weekend. Thought I was gonna have 2 full days to work but ended up at the emergency room saturday morning with the wife. She never gets sick but this flu virus that's going around has her in bad shape and being pregnant doesn't help any. So we spent about 3 hours at the hospital, an hour at the grocery story, 30 minutes waiting on her prescriptions, a 60 round trip drive into town and a few other things. Basically my saturday was shot to hell :mad:
    Got up this morning mice and early. Cut down 2 trees for firewood and then the boy and I split it all.
    Time to make 2nd pot of coffee :grin: and get onto working on the K5
    Got the soft top all installed, Looks good for a used top (pics tomorrow). Also put new floorpans in the passenger side, well mostly in. It's all cut to fit and screwed in with sheetmetal screws. Was going to get it welded in but shortly after I started the wire spool turned into a giant birds nest...dammit!!! Spent a few minutes or so trying to get it untangled and respooled. Decided I need a break so I took the bike for a spin down the mountain. Last weekadjusted the valves and did a few other motor mods and haven't rode it since so figured it was time. Plus it was 60 degrees today.
    Tomorrow I pick up the hoses for the hydro steering. Was gonna get them Saturday but they were only open M-F......bastids
    Also waiting on some price quotes for a fuel cell. Hopefully I can get the one I want and have it going by next weekend or so.
    that will leave 4 BIG projects before April 22
    1: Anti wrap bars
    2: Rock sliders
    3: Get my front detroit, drive flanges and 35 spline stubs installed.
    4: Make a winch mount and give the new winch a place to sit

2. nerraw117

nerraw117 1/2 ton status

where in ashville are you? my grandfather owns some land in marshill and i am down that way all during the summer, (not to hijack thread)

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

(chinaman voice) ...... NO TIME!!! NO TIME!!! ,,, GOT NO TIME!!! I know how it is man, just take yout time, itl git there sooner or later, good luck, Jacob:)

4. big pappa b

I'm south of Asheville in Fairview

5. big pappa b

Yeah but at the rate I'm going it's gonna be later :crazy:

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

You Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think I have my motor sitting in my carport and my front clip in the back yard, bumper on the back porch along with 2 tires/rims. Hell I got parts all over the place. Good thing the housing inspector doesn't come around the senior enlsted housing alot:grin:.

If all else fails, we will stop by on our way up and pull an all nighter working to get you ready.

Could be worse.

7. big pappa b

You just have to bolt stuff on. I have to fab everything and get my buddy here to setup the gears in the D60

8. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

True. Never thought about that.

9. big pappa b

Here's a pic with the top on

IMG_0444.JPG

10. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

She looks great with the camo and top!!!

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Lookin good Brian. Are you gonna cut your rockers out and weld new metal in there or are you just gonna run a bar under neath them?

12. big pappa b

I have to cut the rockers out cause I just saw the passenger side of mine was shot for sure...plus it gives a little more ground clearance. Went I cut out the passenger side floor board this weekend I realized that I have no place to attach my front fllor support since the rocker is gone.

Hey Jeff, I ordered my fuel cell today from PIG on Pirate
    http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/home.php
    It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I like the way I can mount the JAZ cell compared to some others...and they look cool :pimp: the wife can't be mad for too long ;)

13. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

What size did you get and where are you planning on mounting it?

14. big pappa b

I just got a 22 gallon. It should be plenty. Gonna mount it right in the bed - flush in the floor. If you look at the JAZ cells you can see the bolts where the top plate comes off. I will use those bolts to attach it to the floor and let it hang down. It's only 9" deep so I don't even think I'll have to worry about a skid plate for what I'll be doing. It would take a huge ass rock to go up that high