Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a loaner rig- this things a POS!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Sep 25, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

Dropped off my Grand Am at the dealers today for the alignment of the Rear Door (6th time's a charm right???)...anyway, since it's going to the body shop, I got a loaner........a Olds Alero....what a piece of SH*T! 51,000 miles on it- the dash rattles, the doors CLUNK when you open them, the engine stumbles (a quick bang to 1st gear on the highway helps clear this up)....

I drop it back off tomorrow, but holy crap what a junker....I think next time I'll go for a 24 hour test drive of that new Denali XL they have in the parking lot.....hehehehe yeah sure, I wanna buy it.......but I wanna try it out while you work on my grand am!

HA......oh no its pouring out and I left the windows down in the loaner.......oopps

Brandy

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ha well its a loaner, who doesn't beat a loaner? I remember when they gave my dad a Cavalier while his F250 was in the body shop, yeah he drove a couple miles in first gear. Bouncing off the limiter for a bit.

3. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dropped off my Grand Am at the dealers today for the alignment of the Rear Door (6th time's a charm right???)...anyway, since it's going to the body shop, I got a loaner........a Olds Alero....what a piece of SH*T! 51,000 miles on it- the dash rattles, the doors CLUNK when you open them, the engine stumbles (a quick bang to 1st gear on the highway helps clear this up)....

I drop it back off tomorrow, but holy crap what a junker....I think next time I'll go for a 24 hour test drive of that new Denali XL they have in the parking lot.....hehehehe yeah sure, I wanna buy it.......but I wanna try it out while you work on my grand am!

HA......oh no its pouring out and I left the windows down in the loaner.......oopps

Brandy

[/ QUOTE ]

drive it like you rented it.

i had a loaner the other day while my sonoma was in the shop. ***warning, rant mode on*** they gave me a 99 gmc 1500 2wd. no big deal. 61k miles on it.... wandered ALL over the road, scared the hell outta me a LOT of times. everything rattled, nothing worked, headlights got me pulled over for one shining onto the ground 5 feet in fron ot the truck. had it for a day and a half.

now, here is the great part. i took my sonoma in for a throwout bearing and a leaf spring. the 120hp motor has enough power and axle wrap to kill the left hand spring real quick, but anyway. i get it back and they didnt do the spring because the part didnt come in. no big deal.

i look at my truck, 3 scratches in the pain. all in CLEAN areas of the truck. and they have paint curled up on them. but "our technitians couldnt have done that" whatever.

look at the rubber floor mat yesterday to find the shifter console is croocked as hell and the rubber is torn about 2 inches on one side and an inch on the other side. so i went back. i also have a motor mount that i dont think is bolted in all the way now. engine slams against something under the hood. warranty will cover it so i leave it like that.

sorry, i went off topic a bit.
    Grant