Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a music question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by tecton, Oct 12, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

Im putting together a few DVD's of mud racing, and the problem of what music to use came up...

my friend who im doing this with, has never owned a truck, never been offroad (cept with me), never been to any sites like these, and as a result, never seen any of the 4x4 videos people make.

He asks me "what kind of music do people who 4wheel and stuff like?" I thought about it. Country aside the first thing that came to mind was "Disturbed"

Then i saw the post about the rack crawling video, DLed it, low and behold....disturbed.

What other bands and music do you guys like?

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

godsmack /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifAC/DC hadr rock!!! oh anda little Zepplin never hurt anybody /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The first song on the new Nickelback CD has been pretty popular due to lyrics. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

if your going to sell them it is illegal to add songs like that unless you pay them to let you use it

5. slimlynn1

slimlynn1 1/2 ton status

I like to hear the roar of the engines.

6. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I completely agree--I hate it when watching races,tractor pulls,mud bogs,etc,when they blast stupid music or the announcer has to scream at the top of his lungs the whole time--to me the best music on earth is the sound of a big block with its four barrels(or dual quads even better)with a blower running at 7000+ rpm!!,at least when watching motorsports--I like to hear the MOTOR,not the announcers "motor mouth!"or blaring rock music--after all,when we go to a rock concert they dont have roaring engines drowning out the band--so why ruin the motorsports shows by not letting us hear the MOTORS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

7. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol

very good question, i asked myself this, then after i watched the video for about the 500th time while editing it dawned on me, engines sound the same

I wont sell enough of these to make it worth the time and effort if the only people who buy it are people who are die hard gear heads

But thanks for reminding me that some people do like the engine noise and not the stupid music...I didnt plan on having music play the entire time, just on menus, transitions, demo's ect.

And no, i wont be using trademarked music, i am however, going to use it to get an idea of what i want to hear, then i will have a local band play a song similar. Music for me, exposure for them.

Here is another question for you all...Have the DVD play all the races by truck, or event, just hit go and it plays all of them....how would you prefer it be presented.
    More user interaction, or less?

8. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    then i will have a local band play a song similar. Music for me, exposure for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good Idea /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I have a link at home to some free mp3's from local bands all across the US , all for free , they just want to get thier songs out for exposure /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. hawkeye649

hawkeye649 1/2 ton status

Figured you out? Decent. The rest are OK.
    I'm partial to American Idiot, but I'm a little into punk.
    Forget G-smack, trash....
    Metalica will get the sales, but wont get you the respect

Megadeth - High speed dirt. Crown of worms.
    Guns & Roses - Aint it fun when you know your gunna die young?
    Sweet child
    Paradise City
    AC/DC- TNT
    Dirty Deeds

1980 to 1990's basically - quintessential redneck! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Not partial too it, but I'd do some country, sweet home alibama, the newer band-waggon patriotic songs too. Put a boot in yer ass, all that junk.

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol

that would be a little much wouldnt it?

the patriotic songs that is...migh as well make the cover a rebel flag while im at it, or include "REAL MUD!"

11. hawkeye649

How about a small child in a KKK cape, with the Union Jack "slang: rebel flag" as a back drop.

Hey, I don't really like the song, but "put a boot in yer ass" is just about the way I feel about the .... "people" in iraq and all points "raggish". /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. mofugly13

mofugly13 1 ton bucket of rust Premium Member

Rage Against the Machine is one of my faves to listen to while wheeling. I like some appropriate music in desert race videos, and SOME wheeling vids. But I like hearing the engines more, and when something breaks, I really like to hear it.

13. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

country is the worst form of music, ever. anything it ever had that was good left to create rock and roll.

4x4 vids need good hard rock.

j

14. hawkeye649

RATM is the balls, old skool!!!

You should really throw them of, bethoven's 9th has some really cool bits!!!