Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a new blazer today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chrisb420, Dec 2, 2006.

1. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

well i added another blazer to the stable today 2001 s-10 4x4 79,500 on the 4.3 runs great. got it for 5000 grand it has two dings in the quarter panels both the size of a quarter and some surface scratches in the paint but other than that its a great truck.

i got this to be a little more economical than the 86 k5. but anyway was just wondering if anybody had any insight on things to look out for these models as i have mostly had full size trucks.

pics to come shortly digital is broken.

2. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

I bought my 96 with 100,000 on it for 5000 a few years back. I replaced 02 sensors, mass air flow, fuel pump, EGR Vavle, PCV Valve, then it ran great. Since then ive had some issues with some other things but mostly its been my fault on the breakage I treat it to much like a full size. And for the record the sway bar mounts on the front A-arms are weak...dont try to flex it out...

3. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

thanks for the reply sounds like you have had some issues with yours. the most flex this thing will ever see is a curb (i got big trucks to play in the dirt.)
    but mostly this is a back and forth to work vehicle. i am going to try and leave it stock but that has never happened before.

4. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I absolutely refuse to comment 'til we see some nice pics!:p:

:D

5. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

well unless santa comes early with my new digital then we are gonna have to wait until i use this roll of film up and get it developed:D

6. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

Well Santa got me a new digital for Christmas so here are pics of the new DD

IMGP0003.JPG

2001blazer.jpg

7. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Looks sharp. I think part of the reason mine had some many problems was because the P/O never flogged it any. All the emmissions parts that could be full of carbon were

8. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

shouldn't have a problem with that here. i like the skinny pedal:D

9. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Haha, yet most of the problems the rest of us have are for teh oppostite reason :doah:

But i totally knwo what you mean, i swear my grandma's 88 New Yorker with 66k in 11 years ran better after i ran the $hit out of it for a few days :haha:

10. 2High4U

2High4U 1/2 ton status

Be aware that there are some things on that vehicle you should keep an eye on.

The turn signal switch on a lot of the ones I have worked on gets wore out fast causeing it to make the sound of the blinkers being on even know they are off.

The reclining seat levers break off very easily my mom has one she bought brand new and they are both broken.

the push buttons for the 4wd sometimes dont work on some of the ones I have seen and the computer goes out for the case.

and the last thing that I can remember is the door hinges

not ragging on your blazer or anything just trying to help out on what to look for IF you have a problem.

I personally like them I almost bought one but he guy wanted to much for it and there was even more wrong with it than the regular occuring problems.

Most of th probs arent a big deal except the buttons and tcase.

11. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads up on things to look out for. I have already managed to break the seat lever. i had seen this happen before a million times also.

12. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

That looks like a great DD. I had an '84 S-10 that was great.