Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a new blazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 88jimmyoungowner, Aug 11, 2002.

1. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

i got home at about 12:30 from being with my friends for the last time before school, and when i get there, there is this lifted blazer parked next to my jimmy! me and my bud who gave me a ride home were just staring at it. it is an 81 with 35x14.50 thornbirds, 4.88 gears, 350, 350 and i think a 205. correct me if im wrong on the t-case. still 10b front and rear im pretty shure. the motor has been beefed up and has 3/4 cam in it, along with other goodies. the tranny may not be in the greatest shape, and the brakes are soft. the exaust needs work, but for the $$$1300$$$ we paid for it it is a damn good deal. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

so yer parents suprised ya with it? if so thats cool. wish my parents did that. lol. i had to beg my blazer. lol. later. good luck on this one. make it badass. later

jacob

3. BLUESMAN

BLUESMAN 1/2 ton status

Phoenix(but it\'s a dry heat...like an oven!)AZ.
    Prob a 203 t case.THORNBIRDS????My 5 year old already calls them "crapbirds"!3/4 cam???I had one of those in my 440 tunnel-rammed,5.38 geared Plymouth Duster...it ran 10's in the quarter mile.Sounds like a good start...just need a cam,exuast/brake work and a set of tires!Congrats!

4. 88jimmyoungowner

88jimmyoungowner 1/2 ton status

my dad dont like em either, but you cant win em all. maybe i'll wear the tires out quick on the trail, and we can get boggers on it! its in my dad's name, but he doesn't get as much of a chance to go offraod as me, and if i did not keep on breakin the jimmy every time i go play he would not have bought it. i think that its gonna be a fun toy.
    im hopin that the tranny is not gonna need a re-build so that it'll be ready for a labor day trail ride at racoon mountain tennesse.

5. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

'81 might be a 208. 4.88's in a ten bolt with 35's and a hot motor! Kablam! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

6. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

sweeet...damn why cant my parents do that!!?? lol

Bryan

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Looks like the rear could be either a 10-bolt or a 12-bolt. '81 Must have been a transition year, when GM used up whatever was laying around on build day. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif The t-case should be an NP 208. Here are the specs: http://www.coloradok5.com/specs.shtml#1981