Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new job at local Chevy dealer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by keith, Jul 29, 2003.

1. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

The first thing went wrong /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifMy demo car is a Nissan exterra /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWell for this week anyway. I was hoping for a HD. But I do get cost+10% on all parts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Nissan etcetera.../forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cool deal on the new job...and the parts discount!/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Wonder how much an NV4500 would be with your employee discount?

Rene

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Cost, plus 10%, /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif...I need a new engine for my 92 FS Blazer... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wonder how much an NV4500 would be with your employee discount?

[/ QUOTE ]

Atleast $2,000 US, can't recall if there is a core charge on the trans. I did price these out before, 4L80E was ~$1500+$700core.

I work for Delphi so I can get "employee" /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif pricing on parts. We have to go to the warehouse and pick up the parts if they are stocked locally. Turns out Scoggin-Dickey, Texas, sells most of their parts at GM employee price to everyone. And they'll ship to your house. We can't get motors/trans thru the program anymore but can still check pricing, bought an engine thru Scoggin-Dickey cheaper than it was listed for in the employee program.

Yeah, us employees get a hell of a deal in this program /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif.

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

thats great Keith. so what ya doin there? are you a sales weasel? which dealership are you at?

6. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    I work for Delphi so I can get "employee" pricing on parts. We have to go to the warehouse and pick up the parts if they are stocked locally. Turns out Scoggin-Dickey, Texas, sells most of their parts at GM employee price to everyone. And they'll ship to your house. We can't get motors/trans thru the program anymore but can still check pricing, bought an engine thru Scoggin-Dickey cheaper than it was listed for in the employee program.

Yeah, us employees get a hell of a deal in this program

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that just sucks! Aren't benefit's of any description supposed to 'benefit' you?/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rene

7. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]
    The first thing went wrong /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifMy demo car is a Nissan exterra /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifWell for this week anyway. I was hoping for a HD. But I do get cost+10% on all parts /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    Will you be my friend? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

hahaha
    You working at Hardy?

8. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

GMpartsdirect.com sells items at cost, but makes their money off of shipping and handling. Slightly different than Scoggin Dickey, but same idea. That's why their S&H is so "high".

9. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Glad to hear you got it. Can I use an HD for a 1600 MI "test drive"? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

10. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

...its a good idea to always remember your friends...

Good luck in the new Job. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. keith

keith 1/2 ton status

Yea I will check on the costs of some of the more common things "we" get (on this board) EX. Nv4500,60 parts,motor parts or crate engines. I will keep you posted. Thanks guys. I think it will be pretty cool. Cartersville Chevrolet