Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new K5!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Magnus88, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Magnus88

Magnus88 Registered Member

I sold my '88 K5 on the 25th and yesterday i got another one. It's a 1984 K5 w 6,2/700/208. The rockers are pretty rusted up and the idle is very rough but it is more of a truck i can use as a DD. Here are two pics from the add:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Mod plans are already starting to go wild!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2 minutes after we left from the guy selling it i lost control of the truck when i was braking in a turn. The road was pure ice with a thin layer of snow and the 33" BFGs are pretty worn. I crashed into a telephone pole and an electrical junction box. The telephone pole crashed down in the front yard of an older couple and took a couple of feet of their wooden fence with it... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif To top that all the power in the neighborhood went out. The old guy living in the house was not to happy with me, but we called the power company and sorted it out.
    By the time we got home after the 300 mile ride in the snow i was pretty exhausted!!! Only damage on the /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif was a small dent in the bumper where i hit the telephone pole.

Anyway, i really like the 6.2 when i compare it to the 350TBI. The milage is way better and diesel is much cheaper too...

2. skratch

skratch 1/2 ton status

glad you didn't waste the truck in the process, it looks nice, better then alot of them around here.

If you get a chance could you get a shot of the rear bumper, it looks like you have some extra lights in their. A mod I've been wanting to do so if I ever go over seas I can take my rig with me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

nice truck, sucks you smacked it on your way home good thing its not to bad off, lets see what your gunna do /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif