Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new Sled!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rjfguitar, Mar 24, 2005.

1. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Got a new sled two weeks ago, 2003 Polaris limited Edition RMK 800 Vertical Escape 159"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dwoods

dwoods 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Real nice now you just need some snow.

3. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

There is no shortage of snow in CA.:D

4. rjfguitar

It's been snowing like crazy the last 5 days or so. I went up on the first day it was snowing but only rode 15 miles because it's hard to see with your helmet lens freezing over. I was simply amazed by the sled though, even over the 2004 RMK 700 144" Vertical Escape that I have been riding earlier this season.

5. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

159"...:yikes: Hope you don't try and turn in anything but powder. My cousin just bought an 800 EFI ditch pickle (artic cat) with a 144" track (I believe anyways) goes like mad but I wouldn't want to ride it in anything but three feet of powder.

6. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Schwing.........

Nice, nice, nice.

Where you been? Get back over here and post more often.

7. ronnny

ronnny 1/2 ton status

Why not a yamaha? Just kiddin' I know they pay my check is why i'm partial. And my discount.

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

It's beautiful man!!!

9. rjfguitar

It turns on a dime! Polaris was geneous with the tipped rail design. The last few 10-12" of the rail is angled up at about 3* and just slightly lifts the paddles off the hard packed snow. THis severly shortens it's wheelbase and I will even go as far as saying it turns sharper than most the 136" sleds I have ridden. As soon as you hit soft snow and the paddles sink in the 3* lift makes almost no difference. :D

In another words...it feels like a 136" but climbs and floats like a 159"....I like my cake and it tastes good too. :D

Arctic Cat doesn't use dual angle rails for some reason, and when I can get turned boondocking through the trees and my dad can't on his 900 159" mountain cat I go... :p: :grin:

10. rjfguitar

Because I like going fast and not getting stuck. :D ;) Just kidding,Yamahas are good quality, long lasting sleds but are dogs, or at least the older Yamis were. When I had a 600 Vmax I got whooped on by 550+ Polaris's and A/C's. For the new sleds I am not a fan of their heavy mountain sleds. The new Yamaha Apex weighs a heafty 596 lbs., my Polaris Vertical Escape weighs 488lbs and has pretty much just as much power. ;) I see the same results as my Vmax against friends with the newer Yami's vs. our Cats and Polaris's. Here's a pic of the sled I was ridding before the 800RMK, this 700 twin Polaris 144" could just barely outrun my buddies 700 Triple Mountain Max 141". My experience is that triples give a decent boost in power over a twin in the same CC size. Heck, our HEAVY 1997 A/C Powder Extreme 600 triple/triple can run right with his 700 triple mountain max. My dad bought an '05 Grizzly 660 ATV and I was disapointed on it's power level. I have always found yami's motors to be weaker in power vs. other models, but their reliability is fantastic!

[​IMG]

11. rjfguitar

I spend most of my time over at www.towrig.com these days. ;) Thanks for the comment on the new sled. :thumb:

12. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

BOOO!!! You and all your new stuff all the time,,,BOOO!!!! While us poor guys just sit here and watch :haha: :pimp:

J/K ,,,COOL man, that thing looks sweet! :)

13. rjfguitar

:dunno: Enjoy the show...:D

14. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Looks sick man! Never been snowmobiling, where do you go? I got a dirt bike last week!

15. rjfguitar

I'll give you a hint, I don't head towards the Pacific. :D Some of the best riding is here in California on Sonora Pass, Bear Valley, Tahoe, 88, and others I've never even been too. I have great snow just 100 minutes from our ranch at the end of hwy 108. ;)