Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new tool

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UseYourBlinker, Feb 18, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/photo/11300941/31527075hNQnBQricB>DeWalt 4 1/2 inch Grinder</a>
    Got it brand new for $39.99... It work's great! Should have bought one years ago!

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

so what are you gonna attack it with first????[​IMG]

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Well I used it to smooth out the rough cut on the front fender's when I trimmed them. Worked great.

Eric
    from Freekmont,CA.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.community.webshots.com/user/vwryda> Miscellaneous Debris </a>

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

MMMMM grinder, and it's a purdy yella too...[​IMG]

<font color=blue> I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy!

5. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

I had an angle grinder for about a week. Yeah....... started to cut offa welded bar on my trailer then the dog snuck up on me and barked.... dropped the grinder onto the trailer and it bounced up and took a BIG CHUNK out of my arm, I kept grinding till I had a good mess of blood around then i went inside. Forgot all about the grinder and the fact that I had just been grinding the frame on a trailer with a wood floor. Came out about 2 hours later and the wood floor was little more than ashes on the ground and the grinder cord was melted. [​IMG] [​IMG] Anyway have fun with it!!!!!!! (the wounds are weird with those things because they are a blend of scrapes and burns.)

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.

6. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice, but watch the grinding wheel, I shot one about 30 ft , the wheel must have been cracked somewhere!!

7. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

really usefull tools, but ( here's my story of pain to throw on the pile) you gutta be carefull... I was using one at the train shop, and it kicked when I started it, and ripped a big ol' nasty chunk out of the back of my left hand... think Road rash in a compact speedy disc of doom.... wear gloves.. its a better idea, and if you r grinder has a `lock in on position' I recommend you don't ever use it... if you drop it or it gets away from you, you'll have a helluva time turining it back off. oh, and wear some saftey gear...

-Rich

My truck isn't ugly, you have a skewed sense of beauty

<font color=blue>Its a Wheelbase Thing... You Wouldn't Understand</font color=blue>
    <font color=red>CK5 SUB-culture</font color=red>

8. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Whats safety gear??? Never heard of it!

'85 k-5 gmc jimmy 4x4 sierra classic. '84 k-5 gmc jimmy sierra. '70 cuda 440 6 pack executive edition shaker hood, steering column shift.