Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new way to climb into a lifted K5!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Feb 2, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I have been thinking about this for the longest time now. I have been thinking about ways to fabricate a ladder that tucks away, be there when needed, and have one on both sides. Well, I thought and though........and the Cessna 208 Caravan has the answer. They have folding ladders that are 2 piece and are no more than a foot wide and when unfolded, hang down almost 2.5 feet. They screw right into the floor and that's it. It just so happens that my dad had 2 of them. Later today I plan on stripping the paint and putting a white coat on them. It's a pretty awesome invention and it's too bad they are already been designed and patended. When I get my K5 totally finished, I'll take some pics of it and let you guys see them. Actually, if you sit there and look at one of them, they aren't complex at all and can be made from scratch. I'll see about getting some pics and blueprint sketches in case any of you would like to make some. Later.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

There's probably an easier way - how about the Kodiak sidewinders? They swing down when the door opens and rasie up when it closes.

My own solution, if I can pull it off, will be hydraulically powered nerf bars. I plan to get a hydraulic pump for a snow plow that will power not only the plow, but the nerf bars and a hydraulically lowering spare tire carrier.

Just some ideas to get the old brain going!

Brian
    89KBlazer

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I'm 6'6" so even with my lifted truck, it's still just a matter of a little hop and grabbing onto the rain groove that's on the roof.
    Has anyone seen those step-ups that use an electric motor to lower (so you can gt your foot on them) and then raise (to get the he** out of the way)? I'm not too fond of more electric things on my truck, but it's a thought.
    Of course, helping the ladies get in is kind fun as is. :)
    -- Mike

4. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Or you can use the age-old method of a small section of rope ladder secured by the seat rail and bolts. Unfold it when you open the door and fold it back in after you climb up. Tucks right under the seat. Little cheaper in my opinion than any electric stuff. A buddy of mine with a Suburban on 38s took some 3 foot sections of small link chain and bolted them to the bottom of the rocker panel. He then bolted the other side up to make a loop to step into. His truck is not show quality mind you so he didnt care about the holes or anything else.

Later

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?

5. EDdaTREE

EDdaTREE 1/2 ton status

Saw a stepside on 44's that had actual horse stirrups hanging from inside the doors!!

"I'm not stuck...I'm just "being as one with nature"

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

hahha.. Steps??? What for??? I like watchin my woman get in my truck... hahaha/!!!!!!

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

7. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I'm 6'6 as well and climbing into a truck with a 20" lift and 44's was just a little hop. I think that it would be cool to have some awesome looking ladders for show and shine.......also for my girl friend who is only 5'3 and when I get my bigger lift and tires, she's going to need it.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

8. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

Just pick her up and toss her in.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

9. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

i know of one idea,,,i water ski in the summer and when you need to climb into the boat there is a little fold out and down step on the back that just pulls out,, and then when in,, just fold it back up and in....it is also secured with a small easy clip around the end...i think these are pretty cheap to get,,,just bolt 'em where ya want 'em....

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

10. NYC K5

NYC K5 1/2 ton status

what about hanging a piece of rope or chain with a pipe through it. its easily retractable and provides a decient footing

11. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How about doing it this way: come up behind her, grab her ass, tell her to lean back, and pick her up into the seat while squeezing her butt cheeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding! Cant wait to meet you, Alex!

12. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Ya, isn't that the whole point so you can do a little a$$ messasging??? :)

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; <A target="_blank" HREF=http://emmett.coloradok5.com>http://emmett.coloradok5.com</A>

13. sluggo45acp

sluggo45acp 1/2 ton status

Ive thought about using 208 steps but I dont think there will be enough room between the door and seat. Something else ive concidered is trying a 210 retract step, just have to figure out how to retract it. Right now my wife uses a step stool.

[​IMG]IF EVERYTHING WORKS IT AINT A REAL TRUCK[​IMG]
    [​IMG]