Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a new whip....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 87BrnRsd, Jul 5, 2005.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Apr 21, 2003
    Well, after daily driving the blazer for over 2 years now, the gas prices are finally getting to me. So, tomorrow I am going to be the proud owner of a new to me car. Its an 85 mercedes benz 300 turbo diesel. I like the idea of 25 mpg in town and 35 on the highway much better than my blazer's 10 mpg. My brothers last job was working as a mercedes benz mechanic so he knows all the ins and outs of the mercedes. Plus, its a diesel, which regularly go for 400-500,000 miles. It aint the fastest thing in the world, but it will be a good car for me to drive from home to college and back (about 130 miles each way). Its white with a tan leather interior, all the power windows work, and the power sunroof works. :D Plus its got a trailer hitch. :haha: Anyways, I hope this isnt the wrong forum for this, but if it is, a mod can move it.
  2. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

Feb 4, 2004
    congrats on the purchase. I've heard some of those diesels getting some kickin miles on one motor. I've talked to the benz dealer here about a unimog he had, and ended up talking to him for an hour or two..........

Post up a pic when ya get it. You'll be the pimp at your college now :pimp: , especially with the trailor hitch :bow: