Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a question about smokers breath

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by thatK30guy, Oct 20, 2005.

1. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

How much does a person have to smoke to the point where their breath smells like the stuff when they just breathe normally, like out of their nose? And for how long or short of a time does it take to have the smokers breath on you 24/7, even if you haven't been smoking for a while?
    How long does it take for the smell of it to go away, too? I'm curious to how much smoking, say in about one years time, will affect your breath and then if you quit, how long it takes to clear the smell for good.
    Its not the smell of it coming out of the mouth thats as strong as it is coming out of the nostrils. Just the nostrils emmitting the smell seems so much stronger as its coming out directly from the lungs. I guess with it coming out your mouth, you have more to "hide" the smell like from food or drinks, etc. Nothing can hide the smell out of the nostrils it seems like.

2. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, I was fairly young when my dad quit, but he always took very good care of his teeth and gums so you could hardly notice his breath but he was a mouth breather, it did however become near permanent when he did smoke...never pronounced but it was always there. I don't remember it taking very long to clear up after her quit however.

The old man went cold turkey 8 years ago and hasn't picked it up since :waytogo: