Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a question, i need to know the answer quick!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by colbystephens, Jun 8, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

ok, so i made my first payment to my first credit card. i've got an alaska air visa card thru bank of america and i also have a checking account thru them. so i was doing a little online banking and paid my bill so i can use my credit card to pay rent today so i can get the miles. well, it took the payment but didn't post immediately. so now i don't have enough money in my checking acct to pay rent, which is due today, and i don't have enough of a balance left on my credit card to pay rent either. what do i do??

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Call Bank of America and talk to a rep about it. There should be a number on back of your card.

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

i'd call them, but it seems that it should post relatively quickly. explain the situation to whoever you pay your rent to. Shouldn't be that big of a deal to give you at least 24 hours to get the transaction cleared.

4. colbystephens

just got off the phone with the person and she didn't really offer any help. i hope it posts today! any one have any experience w/ that?

5. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Thats how that works with credit cards, also if you get a refund at a store and they put in on your card, that can take a few days till it gets to you.
    Little late on the rent huh? I'm not sure we need that kind of person here;) .
    If you can't borrow from someone you could always write a check with a mistake on it, that would buy you some time. Do you not have a landlord who can be cool till monday or so if you talk with them? How much 'ya need?
    -Cary

6. colbystephens

well, i can probably set up a payment plan if needed. its a corporate landlord - so kind of a PITA. i'll have to talk to them. you wouldn't believe how much they charge for our 330 sq ft! college housing is supposed to be affordable, right? i wish. $630! we don't even have a shower. the building was built before showers were common. we do have a cool claw foot bath tub which is good for romancing the wife, but having a rubber fuel line to get the water from the faucet to your head is kind of a PITA. :)

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

my land lord is pretty easy going and if I dont pay rent til the 2nd, 3rd, or even the 4th they dont mind. contact your land lond and ask if you can be a day or two late. even if you have a bit of a "story" for them. some times you got to do what you got to do. just dont make it a habit of telling them "story". I used to pay my rent anywear from a week to two in advance but they would not cash the check til a day to a week into the next month, sometimes two weeks!. so I just said "f" it, I wont pay til the 1st or a day or two into the next month. they have never said anything, its been 9 years.

8. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Wow, thats a lot for a tiny space ! So much for affordable housing. Hope things go allright.