Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a ride from a ricer yesterday....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Ddragggon, May 31, 2002.

1. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

my brothers friend is a full on ricer, except he actually does know some stuff about engines and whatnot... he has a decent enough sounding exhaust system (not just a fart tip, but the whole thing was done over) only 1 annoying windshield sticker, and put in a new clutch, and swapped out the 2nd gear in the transmission... wether he did the 2nd gear swap or not is questionable, although the clutch I'd believe... he's always talking about racing this, and that, and most of his witty quotes are directly from `the fast and the furious'. he also can;t stop spouting out Gay jokes constantly, and has no comeback for my line of `Dude, no one likes you....' other then that, He's going to see if he can get me the hookups for a moderate street blower for the C20 suburban.... that ought to improve its fun-ness factor several dozen times over. he'll also sell me a pair of 15 inch subs with the box for 120... as long as they don't sound like crap, I might just do that, and install them in the K20... oh well, Ricers are indeed a funny sort, and not all of them are horribly retarded... this guy is actually one of the fleet mechanics for Kalil bottling company down here in phoenix, so he does know his stuff about cars/trucks, and has a Commercial class B license so he can drive the short tractor bottle/can trucks back to the office when they break/get in accidents etc.

-Rich

2. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I hang out with the Supra crew. They will just about shove a fist down your throat if you call them ricers. Some of the Supras around here are turing as much as 650hp at the back Wheels.That's about 650-700 at the crank /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Lunching Vetts is a favorite pass time for these guy's. I'm ready to do a Turbo conversion on mine if I could come up with a good wrecked car with the parts I need. Whole drive train and part of the electrical system has to be swapped. It's best to buy a wreck then sell off the left over parts. Course if I find the 71-71 2wd Blazer then I'll be redirrecting my cash for a LT1 engine and tranny combo. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

3. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Hey Grim.............don't you mean 650 hp at the front wheel (I have yet to see a Honda Civic with a locked front end)?????

On a seperate note. I tried to get a local ricer to race me the other day. He declined my offer. He was saying that if my Police Interceptor Crown Victoria did not beat him.............then I would give him a ticket.
    Obviously the Ricer does not know me very well. I wouldn't give him a ticket. I would have arrested his A$$ for thos stupid stickers and the C-130 wing on the deck lid.. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha . (Yes, I know it's a Ford, but the Department said I have to drive it and that I can't modify it in any way.)

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

no, supras are rear wheel drive. they are the ONLY ricer i'd ever drive, they are pretty cool.