Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a S15 Jimmy

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by Muddytazz, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I picked up a 90 S15 Jimmy 4wd the other day for $1000 for the wife.

Digital dash, 4.3L, 700r4, don't know the tcase yet, very clean inside, outside is faded rattle can white paint :haha: anyways, it has a couple of issues that I'm trying to fix right away.

1 - on the digital dash, just the speedo area (speedo, blinkers) fades on/off when it wants too. If I slap the side or top of the dash, it will come back on, sometimes for a few sec, sometimes for hours. Like I said, goes on/off whenever it wants too.

2 - fuel gauge issue. Don't know if its the gauge, ground, sender or what. But it reads wherever it wants too also. Sometimes it will read full ALL the time, sometimes it will slowly go down(don't know if its actually going down at the same rate as the tank tho).

Anyone ever deal with this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

There's a ground near your left foot when you are in the driver seat. That's probably loose...it's up at the bottom of the dash, 10mm head for the bolt/nut.

The other thing I'd check the float to make sure it's got proper resistance. Sometimes the baffles in the tank come loose and mess with the float....

3. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I've seen the speedo issue on a friends '89, haven't tried slapping it around at all. Maybe we should check for that nut.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I found some info over at an S10 forum. Apparently these digital dashed S10/S15 vehicles were/are prone to have dash issues like this and the problem is INSIDE the dash on the printed circuit board. There is a couple guys on ebay that sells repaired dash boards on exchange for your old one AND they come with a 5 yr warranty ONLY if you send him back your old one AFTER you install the new one in a pre-paid package.