Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got a sb head out of your truck? A question for you

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Jed, Jun 11, 2002.

1. Jed

Jed Registered Member

If anyone has access to a chevy small-block driver's-side head out of the truck or stripped of the power steering pump bracket I really need your help!

Q: How deep is the threaded hole in the head casting for the power steering pump bracket pivot bolt? (not the bracket part near the exhaust manifold but the one by the water pump).

On my truck this is the hole closest to the head gasket surface and towards the passenger side, quite close to the driver's side water pump bolt. It's a 3/8 NC16 hole.

The reason I ask is that I'm removing a broken bolt and remnants of an EZout from this hole with a dremel grinding bit and it would really help to know how deep to go.

Thanks!

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

1/2" is deep enough. It's deeper than that, but you only need as much depth as the diameter of the bolt you're going to use usually. Since it's a 3/8" bolt, 1/2" of depth is more than enough.

3. Jed

Jed Registered Member

Sounds like a good rule of thumb. I'll give that a go. Thanks.