Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got a soft top question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by huntinfool79, Jan 13, 2006.

1. huntinfool79

huntinfool79 Registered Member

Hey hope some of you guy's can help me out I am about to order a new fast trac top for my 1972 GMC Jimmy and I have a roof rack. I was wondering if I could put a piece of 1/4 in thick flat steel between the top and the bed rail to connect mounting tabs for the roof rack without creating water leaks at the windshield or the door's does anyone have any advice.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Are you trying to mount a roof rack to a soft top?

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I would think no.
    The fastrack sides go pass the bed rail on the outside just a bit. If you try to use the bedrail for the footing of your roof rack they would interfear with the fastrack that mounts to your bedrail.
    I am just guessing, so depending on your fab skills you may be able to work it out somehow?? Do you really 'need' the roof rack with the soft top. Sure is nice to be able to drop the top and let the sun in. Your rack would take some of that away...
    Good Luck
    Burt