Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got all the bugs worked out it seems...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solowookie, Apr 16, 2002.

1. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

well guys - got the bugs worked out it seems... not more oil leaks, and there are no coolant leaks, or fuel leaks (replaced a LOT of the high pressure fuel line to replace the rubbder & hose clamps somebody put in there), finished the cam break in, and got it timed.

thing seems to idle / run very smooth (which makes me a very happy man)

no I can put the newly painted body parts back on, and then paint the rest on thursay. got it liscensed (expired end of march), and insurance tomorrow. this weekend I should be driving it! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

"High pressure" lol, 12-15 PSI is high pressure? I've got some rubber & clamps on mine, I'm not too worried, it's held up.

Marine fuel line is double wall, you could always use that if you're worried about regular rubber.

Congrats on the engine swap.

3. solowookie

solowookie 1/2 ton status

all I know is tons of people tell me that rubber with hose clamps on the high pressure side of a fuel line is a big no-no, and they last thing I want it a fuel leak sometime down the road in a high pressure fuel line. it is basically my comfort level I was satisfying, and I'm much more comfy with it now... /forums/images/icons/cool.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

the blazer gets painted tomorrow, reassembly on friday, and I'll be running it friday afternoon.