Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got an 83 - what to do with it.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Jun 17, 2005.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I just picked up an 83 K5 with 305/350/208 and for a 305 it runs great. it has a 10 bolt front and 12 bolt rear with 3.73. It's got a good 4 inch lift with 35's. The body and interior is not really nice but it's complete and more than fine for a wheeling rig.
    Now for the question, I am not sure what I want to do with this truck, I will be wheeling it pretty hard but at the same time I want to keep it street legal.

I am thinking of pulling out the carpet, painting it myself, I would like to paint the whole truck with the sand camo color and black wheels. I already have a 14 bolt FF with 3.73's that I need to clean up, shave, lincoln lock and install, since I'm a cheapo I will just run 8 lugs in the back and carry 2 spares.

Any other good ideas, what would you do with it?

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

You'll never be happy with it , just pack it up and send it out here , I have room for it :whistle:

J/K , why don't you do the new truck maintenance first , then see where ya want to go after you have driven it a bit , I have tons of fun in my 83 :D