Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got an idea need some opinoins

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by GONZO2, Jan 27, 2002.

1. GONZO2

GONZO2 1/2 ton status

Jul 17, 2001
    alright i've been thinking of putting fuel injection and the 700r in my blazer, which currently is a stock 350 with 350tranny.
    flipping through the local auto sales brochure i see an 89 sub for sale for $1995 at a local lot. the wife knows the owner of the lot so could get it for less (not sure how much less yet)

here's the big ????
    would it be worth it to buy this sub swap over all i need, then resell the sub as a non injected (although running) burb?
    any input appreciated.
    oh and i'm already aware of the flaws of the 700r (heat). but i love that 1st gear and o.d. would be nice. nothing a good cooler can't take care of.

<font color=blue>85 blazer</font color=blue> 4" lift, 35" pro comp mt, locked out back
    <font color=blue>88 blazer</font color=blue>mostly stock
    <font color=blue>99 30th ann. TA</font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>79 TA</font color=blue>
  2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

Sep 7, 2000
    if i were you i would go for the burb and swap it man...plus if it is 3/4 or 1 ton take the axles too...then put what you got in your blazer in the burb and sell it as a whole vehicle or for parts...there is a slight possibility you could break even...

Have you driven OVER a Ford lately?