Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got Another Dog *BIG* pic, beware!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Jul 4, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Since Bree left us in March, I have been telling mom and dad that I need another dog, and they keep saying "No, one is enough." and I keep saying "Cody is gay I think... I can't hang out with a gay dog"

Then I thought maybe I could just go GET another dog and bring it home, but then that might get me kicked out of the house, and Mom would probably try to keep the dog anyway :haha:

I walked through the door a few minutes ago after coming home from Greeley where I checked out the parade, and my mom asked what I'm doing on Monday... I said nothing... And she said, and I quote: "Well, I was thinking, we still have a coupon for a free dog at the Weld County Animal Shelter, and I thought you and I and your dad could go down there and see what they have..."

Let's hope they have some good ones... I could go for another Border Collie, but whatever... I just need another dog that isn't gay white lab Cody... :wink1:

Last edited: Jul 11, 2005
  2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Here's the new dog, Rio... We found him at the Cheyenne Animal Shelter... We went to Greeley and Ft. Collins, Colorado and their selections of dogs is very slim and not cool, unless you like Pit Bulls.

Mom said "You pick out a dog." so I was all excited like a 2 year old in a candy store when I saw how many Border Collies they have at the local shelter... I met a couple, and Rio and I just have a thing going. He's really active, I don't think he's stopped moving since we brought him home... He's 1 1/2 years old, and a Border Collie mixed with something... Awesome dog :D

P7110094.JPG

3. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

we've got 2 border collies, one of them full blooded, one mixed with what appears to be a chow. great dogs, just keep them entertained! they get mischevious if you dont pay enough attention to them. does yours sit real close to the furniture? both of ours do, and as you walk, they're constantly bumping into your legs. just their natural instincts kicking in. they're actually herding you or the furniture. pretty neat dogs.

4. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

That's my mom's hand in the background, she had just let go of him, because he didn't want to sit still :haha:

We had a Border Collie for 13 years till we put her down in March... She liked to sit right next to furniture and people too :D A lot of times we'd come home from being gone for the day, only to find ripped up toilet paper, magazines, newspapers, garbage, and anything else the dog could get her mouth on strewn all over the house :haha:

I'll be hitting up Wal Mart tonight for some toys and junk... Tomorrow morning, Rio get to start learning how to walk on a leash :crazy:

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

chew toys and stuffed animals worked for us, neither of ours tear anything up but their own toys.