Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got another install im working on...

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Prembird, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Prembird

Prembird 1/2 ton status

Ok as most of you know I havent been around for awhile (no internet lately).. The rest of you might remember I had (HAD IS THE KEY WORD HERE) a 1991 thunderbird supercoupe.. Well i have finally sold that off and bought a 84 lincoln mark V11... Here is a couple the problems I am having in the sound stage area... Let me start by saying what i have... I am running an 2000 model Alpine head deck (dont recall the model right off hand.. ) Fostgate power,Ground, Remote, fuse block, and rca's.. The head unit supplies signal to a altec lansing amp (150w x2) which power 2 PPI 12c2 12in. subs.. The front sound stage for now is just the factory speakers (just moved to a new place and will be a bit before i can buy better speakers up front) The problem i started with is the fact that after installing all of it the 12's sounded like a single 10... I have removed all the sound deading material the factory added to the rear deck and the back of the rear seat.. This has helped alot but it still doesnt sound quite right to me.. I am wanting to keep the rest of the factory sound deading in the rest of the truck along with all the carpeting... I have also removed the rear deck speakers (since they wouldnt fit with my box installed)... Only thing left that i can think of is changing box designs.. Anyone here have any other ideas of what i could do...Thanks all...

Prembird
    [​IMG] <font color=blue> If it aint</font color=blue><font color=red> LOUD </font color=red><font color=blue> Then turn it </font color=blue><font color=red> UP</font color=red> [​IMG]

2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Hey nice to see you around... [​IMG] Wish I knew more about this area to help ya, but I basically wanted to say hi....

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    "Grace is knowing when to be a lady and when to say "Ah, bite me, outta my way!"

3. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Hey Prem!!! [​IMG]

Nice to see you back around here.......!!!! It's been kinda lonely holding the fort here on "Audio" without you or Ryan (73K5) to jump in and answer questions.

I could use some help from my compadres again..... [​IMG]

No ideas on that sub problem....I've got a couple of the PPI-Pro10's in a sealed fiberglass box, that always sounded fine to me. (Different vehicle). Maybe the box is too small and speakers are just "overdamped"???? Dunno

Anyway.....nice to see you back around. Don't be a stranger!!

-Greg72

'72 K5 Blazer - 427BB/TH350/NP205/6" Lift/35x12.50's
    <font color=blue>See it here: </font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albun38</a>

4. Strahan

Strahan 1/2 ton status

Have you tried moving the enclosure around? You could be suffering from standing waves or modal cancellation.

5. blazin79

blazin79 Registered Member

i would definitely try movin the box around before i took out more sound deadening material. also check to make sure one of the subs is not out of phase.