Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got another "new to me" truck

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Jan 9, 2007.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

1983 Chevy 1-ton 4x4 Crew Cab 454 TH400 NP205 14-bolt Dana 60 for $1500
    [​IMG]

Since sadly enough, the only running driving and licensed vehicles I have are the '78 2wd Crew Cab and '84 Suburban, this new crew cab can now take over main towing duties until I get other rigs back up and going again.

2. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

OK, that makes Dana 60 #21 right? :D

Nice find and price for that combo. I'd like to have a late '80s crew cab dually for a tow rig someday.

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeaah yeah sure sure

come on you show up every once and a while rub it in our faces and run off to your next 60 we get it, and you just stop telling us?

:D

nice:waytogo:

4. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

damn dood, when is it gonna end? IMO you should start trading rigs/60s/parts to get the super-bling-bling parts for ONE of your rigs and make that the wheeler. Sell a few more D60s and bling bling ONE tow rig. Save up some more pennies and set up a really nice DD. My guess is, you'd still have a handfull of D60s left over. lol!

j

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i dont think so

7. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Pretty soon you will have bought every truck ever made and there will be no more of this "new to me" business.:haha:

8. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

nice to see atleast someone is getting crewcabs...

I only have one running vehicle now, I sure would like to have a driving truck!

9. mountainexplorer

It's only Dana 60 #19. I'll stop at 20.

I promise.
    [fingers crossed]

You should see the rust spot in this thing. Actually, you can't see it cause it's filled up with several cans of expandable foam sealant. But the floor is all rusted out between the rocker panel and drivers foot area- but strangely ONLY there and the bottom of the drivers door. The rest of the truck is pretty much rust free.

That's the only thing that deterred other people from buying it. He had people offering only $1000-1200 for the truck cause of the rust, or people wanting just the 60 for up to 1000 but he didn't want to part it out. He started at $2000, then 1700, and said his bottom line was 1500, so I said I'd give that for it sight unseen (he told me about all its issues).

I had to drive across the state with the '84 Suburban and trailer, sold some parts while I was there to pay for fuel and to get money to pay back some money I borrowed to pay off the truck, then got to the truck, flipped around and hooked the trailer behind the crew cab, loaded the Suburban and came home. If I include fuel and the $100 I gave my friend for taking care of buying it for me while I was still across the state, I'm into it $1825.

Eric:
    So what's wrong with your truck now? Carb still acting up?

10. mountainexplorer

But what if I could do that AND keep the Dana 60's?

Slowly I've been rounding up parts and have these items for my Camo Blazer [trail rig]- I just need to assemble it- Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.88 gears, detroit in rear, welded front, shackle flip, 465/205, 454

My Stepside is "Done", up until the point the motor that was just gone through in it blows up again.
    [​IMG]

The Truck Blazer is about where I want it, just need to replace a freeze plug and the nose clip thats falling off.
    [​IMG]

So there's three of the wheelers...

My main 1981 Crew cab tow rig is apart awaiting the roller cam 454 (all built and ready to go still wrapped in plastic), NV4500/NP205 (waiting to make an adapter/spacer), then I'm going to fix up the body and make it straight and look real nice.
    [​IMG]

For daily drivers... I'm working on an '85 K30, right now I have the frame sitting on a 6" lift and 60/14b with 4.10s, and it'll be a 465/205 with hydraulic clutch setup, and was going to be a 350 but I'm thinking 454 now.
    [​IMG]

I also decided to turn my $500 '83 C10 into a stock height K30... I got an '83 K30 frame back that I used to own, I'll use the 3.73 Dana 60 and 14 bolt I have, and the Goodwrench 350 out of the 2wd, with TH350/205.
    [​IMG]

My '78 Chevy original C20, then K20, is now going to become a K30 on a '79 1-ton Dually frame, minus the dually stuff. It'll be a 350 with 465/205 (or NV4500/205), 2.5" lift, 33" tires, Dana 60/14b 4.10s.

Ok, yeah, yeah, I have a list of other rigs not even close to done, but I'll get there eventually.

11. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

thats cool. i used to have a 75 crewcab.land barge i tell ya

12. GotLabs

GotLabs 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

13. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

I really do envy you... I wish I had the resources to create a collection like that, but it sounds like you're spreading yourself to thin... why not just have one nice DD, one nice tow rig, and one nice wheeler. Then when they are all complete and running start on your "projects" one at a time and complete them before moving on to the next, you just have so much going on, it baffles me.

14. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

Its his passion. Its obvious he could have 1 rig for each purpose, but thats not his thing. It sure sounds like he loves doing what hes doing, and having a ton of projects in teh works, always swapping this motor here and that axle there. If he loves it so much, i say - to each his own.

he must be doing something right if we all envy him so much!

15. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't encourage his behavior!!! :whisper: psst don't you want a 60? keep it down ok, if we can convince everyone he's crazy he'll be taken away to the luney bin and his 60's will be easy pickins! :whisper:

16. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

rust... pff who cares, rust free hasn't made my truck anymore relieble

17. IGOR

IGOR 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Allan - you're my idol!

18. mountainexplorer

IGOR, it just dawned on me you're in Boring, Or. I just drove through there the day of Christmas eve. For some reason I always though you were somewhere further south.

I was only there for a shorth while, going through, in a rush to get back to Spokane. Did you see "Allan's Christmas Sleigh" roll through your town? It looked like this:
    [​IMG]

I was going through from just south of you from Eagle Creek headed up through Boring and up to I-84.

19. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Buddy; You rock!

Do what ya want to do but don't forget about the tender things that produce beaver oil.;)

BTW cool beans on the crew cab score.

20. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

You probably wouldn't miss a set of 3+3 emblems, would you??? 4xcrazy is probably gonna get me some, but I'd imagine it would be a lot easier to send them to me from Spokane instead of Arizona....:rotfl: