Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got another project gun...*update*

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by TrcksR4ME, Jan 16, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

**Update**

Ok, I have officially lost my mind here...I went out and got 2 more Remington model 11's today... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

One is from 1906, the other is 1930's or 40's. It seems I will now have all the parts to make a short barreled version and still have a long barreled version. Went out and shot one the other day and it was totally sweet. Shoots nice, cycles nice, feels nice...LOL

Lets start with /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

I should not be buying more guns but what did I do today, picked up another project and gave it a home.

Anywho, its a Remington Model 11 12ga. If you are not familiar with this gun it is the same as the Browning Auto 5. If you aren't familiar with this model...do a google search /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

The delima now is what to do with it. It is a recoil operator semi-auto 12 gauge in rough condition needing blueing and new wood. It is a field grade gun with nothing real special about it except that I have wanted one for a long time. So the way I see it is that I have two choices:

1) Restore it to factory condition and shoot it like that.

2) Cut the barrel down to 18.5 inches and make it into a trench gun knock-off. <----thats the one I want to do, but not sure if I want to change it from stock /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

Its not real collectable so restoring to the factory condition wouldn't do a whole lot for value...but neither would chopping the barrel down. /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Just some rambling anyways...what do you think I should do?? Oh and I paid $100 for it. Pics to come /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Re: Got another project gun...

Why not buy another barrel for it and cut that one down /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Its hard to find extra barrels, gun hasn't been made for a while.

I dated mine using the Remington web site, it was made in 1912 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Thing is pushing 100 years old!

BTW IIRC this model was the first auto-loading shotgun, original patents date to early 1900's.

4. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

i have a 1936 remington 341-P .22 bolt action. old guns are cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

Hmm if its that damn old, i'd restore it.

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status