Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got arrested this weekend

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Blaze, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

What a crazy Saturday I had! My fiancee and I spent Saturday at the beach and everything was going fine. On the way home we got stopped at a license checkpoint. I had lost my registration sticker when I moved, so it wasn't on the car. They pulled me over to the side and ran my license. After sitting about 20 minutes the deputy sheriff calls me over to his car. He then gets me in the car and explains to me that I was driving with a suspended license. I explained to him that I got a ticket and had a lawyer take care of it, then two weeks ago I had an accident and found out that my license was suspended. The State Trooper that was at the wreck told me it is ok, I just can't drive home and just talk to the lawyer. Well, I talked to the lawyer and they say that they have taken care of it and I have my license back. The Deputy Sheriff is mean the whole time and tells me I have expired tags and inspection. I tell him that I have my registration, I just lost it, and my car passed inspection but I had lost my registration and they didn't give me a sticker. All of this is true. The deputy says it is ok, but then writes me a ticket for everything. He says I can go, but Kelly has to drive. I say ok and get out of his car and close the door. Apparently, he thought I slammed the door which I DID NOT and come running around the car. He pushes me then yells at me to turn around. He throws his cuffs on me and tells me "Don't you slam my damn door when I'm cutting you a break." WTF?

Kelly has no idea what is going on and jumps out of my car and the Sheriff yells at her not to cross the line or he is going to arrest her too! She gets my cell phone and tries to call my dad, but my phone is out of service because we are in the middle of friggin nowhere. The deputy won't let her use his cell phone because "it's his personal cell phone, he pays the bills" or some crap like that. Kelly is in tears, I am almost in tears, my hands are killing my from sitting on them, and the guy is telling Kelly that she will have to come post my bail! We finally managed to talk some sense into the guy and he let me go, but not before scaring the hell out of me, ruining my day, and taking my license. Not to mention that, but he took my friggin pocketknife! My nice Swiss Army Camping knife that Kelly gave me for my birthday.

I'm calling the lawyer tomorrow and getting my license back, then calling the Tyrell County Sheriff's department and filing a complaint. My dad has alreay called the County Manager and the DA and filed a complaint. I'm not letting this crap go by, I didn't deserve to be treated like that. I'm a friggin 22 year old college student, not a criminal! WTF was this dude's problem?

Sorry for the rant, I had to get that out.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

3. rockink5

rockink5 1/2 ton status

What the hell? He took your knife? Make sure when you call, that you ask why you didn't get it back. Bet the guy liked it and didn't want to give it back.

4. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Yeah, it was nice knife, I bet he did snatch it. I won't give up that knife without a fight, I loved that thing. I can pinch the $hit out of it and not fee a thing. Grrr, I'm mad!

5. mudhog

if you dont get it back charge him with theft /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

* chevyfumes in a Goober voice from Mayberry, citizens arrest citizens arrest* /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. mudhog

now thats what im talking about /forums/images/icons/smile.gif lol

8. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

kinda the same thing happened to me and my bro ... we wer out wheeling and he runs over this tree and gets a stick in the radiator so we hop in tacoma and haul butt on the dirt road in the middle of nowhere to the paved road and there just happens to be a sheriff going by and lights me up !! i wasnt even on the road ! hesays whats the hurry ? i point at dave , ho got a hole in his radiator . he then sees my .22 and says where are the bullets i says right there in the middle . it is unloaded and open yadda yadda . he tells me to turn off the truck give him my info and so i do . and then tells me he wants the gun . ok so he is gonna run the numbers . he says ok it not stolen . can u step out of the truck and over to my expidition ? sure then he tells me i am not under arrest but he wants to search my truck for "more weapons" and so i says to me " he is bored and no donuts ." he takes my pocket knife and pencil and whatever else i had and puts me in the back then does the same to Dave and searches my truck , to no avail cuz im not a weapons dealer duh . so he tells us we can go but keep the bullets in the back . but he didnt give Dave his knife back . nice swiss army one too sillver alum . never got it back . oh well no biggie .. ima get him a new one tho . well yeah bored cops suk...

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

jesus ____. I've never had any trouble with cops.... I don't know why, but I'm sure one of these days my lieniency is going to completely run out... the latest example happened this weekend... my truck has about 50 minor, and easy to spot saftey violations on it, from pieces of the crappy trim hanging off, to the cracked rear tail light, to the shattered windshield, missing exhaust system, etc... the officer was doing a drunk check basicaly, and as I pulled up to a stop light, I saw a motor cycle dart out of traffic, and behind me. glancing the rear view, I noted the white helmet, and sunglasses ( even tho its fricken night time) and guessed it was an officer, trolling for drunkards... so, light turns green, rear lights up blue and red, I make for the first available street, pull off the main road, kill the engine, roll the window down, and set the keys on the dash. he comes over, and I ask him if I can help him, he explains I've got a busted out tail light, and a broken windshield.. I play part innocence on the tail light, ` I backed into a friends trailer last week, but the light was still solid last time i checked... is it showing white? ' and the windshield I flat out admint `yeah, I cracked that one on a scout campout a little back' he asks for my license, checks my eyes, thanks me, hands me my license, and takes off. his parting words were `get those things fixed, or you'll end up getting a ticket'

I was somewhat amazed I actually got off of this one, since this was a Mesa officer, and they generaly put the anal retentive back into anal retentive bastard. oh well, my days are numbered, and one of these days I'm gonna get a major screwing to make up for all the lieniencies....

I hope you can get your knife back from that asshat of a cop. its cops like that that put the ass back into basstard...

-Rich

10. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> THAT IS F'D UP !!

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I'm getting my knife back and my license back. My dad called the Tyrell Sheriff's department and filed a complaint and they said the deputy has my knife and they will mail it back to me with my license. Apparently, I was being "obstinant" or some BS like that and that is why he flipped out. Hmmm, if I wanted to be obstinant, belive me I could have been obstinant. He also said he didn't push me and that the other cops there would back that up. Gee, it sure felt like he pushed me. Maybe since he was such a little guy that it didn't look like he pushed me because I didn't budge (6'5" - 250lbs doesn't get pushed that easily by a little guy). I'm pissed off, but I'm gonna let it slide and just leave the complaint filed. At least I got my knife back /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

12. lifted95z71

lifted95z71 1/2 ton status

heres the deal with 90% of cops. they are on a power trip. they can jerk you around and ussually get away with it. i say raise as much hell as you can. ive been arrested twice now and both times the judge threw out the charges. one time for protesting and another for "unlawful assembly" both times it got thrown out because of that pesky first amendment. (cops hate that one). as it turns out peaceful assembly and peaceful protest are are protected rights. now the cops new this but they just didnt like us. an unlawful arrest doesnt cost them a cent unless whoever they arrest can bring a civil rights suit, and they know college students are way too broke for that. they are like the school bully, if they dont think you will fight back they will mess with you all day. so fight back! oh and id have your laywer try to find out where you pocket knife went when the cop took it. most cops i know would put it right in thier pocket where it would stay.

13. Donna

Donna 1/2 ton status

Glad to hear that you got your knife and license back.

14. LadyReaper

LadyReaper 1/2 ton status

That really bites!

My 2 cents...

You might want to call the DMV to make sure of the status of your license. Just because you got it back doesn't mean that it has been reinstated (after all this is a government operation!). The call won't cost you anything. Might be worth it for piece of mind.

15. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I haven't gotten it back yet, they had to mail it from Tyrell County, which is about 3 hours away - probably will get it tomorrow. I have a letter from the comissioner of the DMV that says my license was never revoked/suspended and the computers are wrong. They told me that it is all good now, but I'm gonna call today just to be sure. I don't want this crap happening again.

16. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Well, I got everything back. I got about 4 letters from the DMV appologizing for what happened and a letter saying my license is not suspended that I have to carry around. No apology from the Tyrrell County Popo, though. Somehow that doesn't surprise me.....

17. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

<font color=blue> There's nothing worse than prick cops !

18. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

Don't get me started about cops. I belive in freedom and they belive in power and control, and they think it's ok when they violate your rights as long as they get away with it.