Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

got big ?'s about updates to column and dash(more help please)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big d, Mar 6, 2003.

1. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

got big ?\'s about updates to column and dash(more help please)

im updating my rig with 80's steering column /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gifwhich has wiper switch on column and swaping in same year dash face so wiper cut out a switch on dash is eliminated. but i noticed the headlite switch on dash face is in a different location, is this fixable ? i have not tore apart anything on my rig yet (79' blazer). i also wondered if all pre-exhisting wiring should plug into my rig's current wiring. thanks for any and all info ahead of time. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

Re: got big ?\'s about updates to column and dash

I put an 89 burb column into my 82 pickup.

Went in easy. Grafted the wiper wires onto the column (intermittent wiper module), same for the dimmer switch (removed the floor mount). Had to use butt splices, though; the connectors were different (wire colors were the same).

As for the headlight thing, you could leave it where it is and use the hole for something else (locker switches /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif ) or you could get a new dash (the plastic thingy) and bolt in a metal plate and drill a hole for the headlight switch (that is what I did).

I only did it because I was switching to a better dash. If I were keeping the old, I would have left the wiper hole and put something cool in.

3. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

Re: got big ?\'s about updates to column and dash

cool, thanks. forgot about the dimmer/bright switch being intregrated into the combo also. what was the process of removal for the old floor dimmer switch ? was it hard ? did it look bad ? thanks for the info.

4. big d

big d 1/2 ton status

Re: got big ?\'s about updates to column and dash(more help please)

ttt