Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got caddy calipers today...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Big'nBadK5, Aug 11, 2003.

1. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

got them ready to go on but i'm less the lever and spring i didnt know i needed, wny idea where i can get em? also how have some of you routed your e-brake cable to the caliper. thanks for the help. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Those levers were discontinued by GM nearly 20 years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I'm working with the folks at www.azkickin.com on a prototype that will provide new levers, brake cables, and the brackets to make them all work nicely together. Check out their ad at the top of this page. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

sorry Harry but EEEEEHHH your wrong they still sell them and always have here is a link to gm parts direct and they have all you need. you will need 2 of the springs

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

theres something screwy going on with the board right now but this link should work

4. HarryH3

Order one and take a picture of it for me. I stopped at a Caddy dealer years ago to see about getting some of that stuff. They told me "tough luck". /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

crap that link ain't work'n but go to that page and open up advanced search and type these part #'s left&right levers 18060644 & 18060645 and the spring 18060030

6. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

i copied the text from the search page and here it is

0 items in cart
    check out your
    wish list order
    status your
    account

SEARCH

Advanced Search FAQ View Cart Register Request a Return Customer Service GM Warranty E-Mail Us Tell a Friend Home

Search Results of Available Items
    *Prices are Per Unit

Page 1: 1-3 of 3 items

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM PART # 18060030
    CATEGORY: All
    PACK QTY: 1 CORE CHARGE: $0.00
    GM LIST: $26.40
    OUR PRICE: $13.20
    DESCRIPTION: SPRING

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GM PART # 18060644
    CATEGORY: Parking Brake Shoe Lever
    GM LIST: $18.98
    OUR PRICE: $10.82
    DESCRIPTION: LEVER

GM PART # 18060645
    CATEGORY: Parking Brake Shoe Lever
    GM LIST: $18.98
    OUR PRICE: $10.82
    DESCRIPTION: LEVER

NOTE: GMPartsDirect.com carries 380,000 GM parts. Due to the number of parts available, the part you are searching for may not appear in these results. Please use our Customer Service page if you need help locating a GM part. Can’t find a part?
    ^ Back to Top ^

Performance Parts | Restoration Parts | GM Accessories | GM Merchandise | Specials | Vehicle Care
    Advanced Search | FAQ | View Cart | Request a Return | Customer Service | GM Warranty | E-Mail Us | Tell a Friend | Home
    ©2003 - Flow Chevrolet, LLC - All Rights Reserved. GMPartsDirect.com is independently owned and operated by Flow Chevrolet, LLC,
    an authorized independent reseller of General Motors Parts. This site is not owned or operated by General Motors Corporation.
    Privacy Statement | Site Policies | Warranty Disclaimer

7. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I stopped at a Caddy dealer years ago to see about getting some of that stuff. They told me "tough luck".

[/ QUOTE ]

do you belive everything a parts monkey tells you /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

8. HarryH3

[ QUOTE ]
    do you belive everything a parts monkey tells you

[/ QUOTE ]
    They're the ones with the parts manuals. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Didn't we go through this before and the numbers that have been posted are incorrect? Either they are for the 79-85 calipers, or they were for the Seville setup, and they aren't interchangeable.

I just don't feel like looking the old posts up again, I'm sick of the PITA eldo caliper swap.

10. Stoopalini

Stoopalini 1/2 ton status

Hey Harry, if you'd like pictures of the brackets and springs I'd be glad to take some for you /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I ordered the 2 brackets and 2 of the springs 2 weeks ago. They arrived last week but I haven't had a chance to get underneath and figure out a way to connect it all yet. I figure I'll have to develop some kind of lever system to allow for more pull on the actuator than the e-brake pedal travel allows for; but this is all hearsay right now /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif.

In about a week or so I should have some info from experience to offer /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thomas.

11. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Didn't we go through this before and the numbers that have been posted are incorrect? Either they are for the 79-85 calipers, or they were for the Seville setup, and they aren't interchangeable.

I just don't feel like looking the old posts up again, I'm sick of the PITA eldo caliper swap.

[/ QUOTE ]

says who? you? i know several poepole who have used these part #'s and they seemed to get the right part.

12. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    says who? you?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of fact, yes, f*&^%$g me. I said it.

13. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    says who? you?

[/ QUOTE ]

As a matter of fact, yes, f*&^%$g me. I said it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well good for you,if think these are bad part #' you F#$%king prove it. i have given those part #'s to several folks including grimmy and not one has come back to me and said the parts don't work.

14. dyeager535

Alright smarta$$, since you know the part numbers are right, I'd like you to explain how you know this, since you have no idea what year or application he is dealing with.

Oh, you wanted me to prove it eh? Well, since I can't prove it's the wrong number for his application (and there is no way you can prove they are correct) I can just point you to a post that I had *hoped* I wouldn't need to find, since as I said before, this swap is too painful to deal with.
    look at me! I'm sure I'm always correct!!!

15. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

well then i'm wrong, i'm big enough to admit it. but these were the #'s i've always used and so has several others. just tryin to help thanks for being such a sweet guy /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

16. Big'nBadK5

Big'nBadK5 Registered Member

I didnt mean to insite a riot, just trying to find out what i could do and maybe what some other people have done. i have all the brakes in and connected except for the e-brake and i leave for college in 8 days.. so i kinda need to get it done. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    just tryin to help thanks for being such a sweet guy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, any time. Post with the attitude you did, get some in return. Besides, both I and another corrected/updated your previous posts regarding these part #'s, and you didn't respond then. the other post

I'm sure I've been guilty of not believing I'm wrong until it hits me in the face, so I guess I can't cop too much of an attitude.

I'm sorry, but "says who?" rubs me the wrong way.

18. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm sorry, but "says who?" rubs me the wrong way.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeh i understand /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but really i don't like being told i'm wrong with out proof /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

but on another note TSM sells 76-78 eldo calipers new, complete with levers and springs, so somebody must be selling them? right?

i dropped them a little note to see if they will come off with a source or a part # but i doubt they will.

19. dyeager535

[ QUOTE ]
    but on another note TSM sells 76-78 eldo calipers new, complete with levers and springs, so somebody must be selling them? right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You'd think so, but I'd just as soon someone spent more time coming up with some other rotors or something, and using a later model disk brake rear setup.

Yes it will be a hassle to start with, but I don't know anyone that thinks finding all the parts for the cadi swap easy, at least in any quantity.

20. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Well, I hope someone comes up with a solution soon. I'm a couple of months away from deciding between Caddy calipers, and a driveline e-brake for my Corp14ff project. I have the AZ-Kickin brackets and the rotors installed. Maybe somebody oughta do a poll on these two choices. I have to put in a new driveline which will be either a High Angle, or a local shop doing the same thing, so that may be the easiest. But, don't you have to fabricate some kind of mount anyway for that setup?