Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got cooling problems?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SUBFAN, Sep 25, 2003.

1. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

2. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

That is not a bad price for an aluminum radiator... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Two row? No thanks. I'll take my $120 3 core from Autozone, thank you very much. I don't care what it's made from.

$159 + $20 shipping. You can get a 4 core for that.

4. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

Two 1" tubes is supposed to be the way to go....It wouldn't look that nice after just 1 winter here though /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I think you would definately have to change the fluid on a regular basis....

5. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

I believe in keeping things simple too, but you seem to be dead set on new ideas....

6. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

The two 1" diameter tubes allows more of the tube to come in contact with the fins. The more surface area in contact, the more heat is drawn out of the coolant. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

Boy Tim, I thought you knew everything? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    Oh that's right, you wait for someone to provide an answer and then you go back and edit your post. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif clicky

7. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't know what you're referring to. I don't know why you'd make such a comment anyway. I've read Wes's post on wheelbearings/spindles/axleshaft lengths so many times I almost can remember it by heart, except the lengths of the axleshafts which I don't find to be important, only that they're different lengths.

In the future, just for you, I'll go ahead and leave the edit timestamp at the bottom of a post if I mess with it. Usually I type the word EDIT and then a colon if I'm editing the post after the fact. I'm sure you can do a search on my username and find that I've done this a number of times.

I don't have any need to try to make anyone think I know everything. I know enough to build my rig and I'm glad it has worked out so well. If I knew everything, I certainly wouldn't spend near as much time as I do on CK5 asking questions.

I answer other people's questions if I know the answer simply because I'd want my own answered and I do it as a matter of common courtesy.

Must have missed the two 1" tubes comment in the Ebay ad though. Oh well...my mistake. Either way I don't care which radiator you choose. I'm so happy that mine worked out so well for $120. Even if that aluminum one would have been a better choice, I saved some cash, which is good because I can use it for something I'd like to have more (like a few aux. lights for the rear, a new front bumper, winch, 1 ton steering parts, etc that I've got planned here shortly)