Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got everything hooked up,but.. *DELETED*

Discussion in 'Communication (CB | GPS | HAM)' started by UseYourBlinker, May 12, 2002.

1. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Post deleted by UseYourBlinker

2. rebelk5frk

rebelk5frk 1/2 ton status

Re: Got everything hooked up,but..

I'm not sure what you mean you can key up and be heard? How do you know you can be heard if you can't hear?
    The size of antenna you have isn't going perform very well mounted on the bumper but it should at least work "ok". Are you sure your radio worked before? If you have a buddy with a radio that can help you out do a little test close together and make sure you hear each other.... then one of you drive away and see just how far away you can still hear each other. If you can still hear each other more than a couple of miles away on a fairly noisy day/channel then everything is working fine considering the radio and antenna mounting configuration you have.

3. UseYourBlinker

Re: Got everything hooked up,but..

My Dad was in the garage and I drove around the block,and he could hear me. When I would key up and talk he could not hear me.

4. UseYourBlinker

Found what the problem was... The hot and the ground were touching,so it would not read.