Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got fish??

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by diesel4me, Dec 13, 2005.

1. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Due to that freak Whiteout/Thundersnow and mini Hurricane we had here last friday, 9 huge Pilot Whales,and 24 Dolphins were washed up and beached onshore in nearby Barnstable MA,in Buzzards Bay!..some were still alive,but beyond rescue,and had to be euthinized..:( .

A fisherman I know said an octopus and a big sea turtle washed up on the beach too!..Turtle Soup anyone??...I don't know what they do with the carcasses..an autopsy is being done on the Dolphins and Whales..bet they would feed a family of 4 for quite a while..:wink1:

It was quite the freak event here..people who lived on the edge of Buzzards Bay said water came right up to their houses foundations,some had flooding..many of them lived there for 50 years,and NEVER saw the water come close to their houses,even in a few hurricanes!..

Thousands of trees were uprooted in winds of up to 90 MPH on the outer cape,and today and tomorrow "ocean effect" snow is blanketing the area,due to extreme cold artic air blowing in from Canada!..:screwy: :screwy: ..some people just got their power back on today finally!.:eek1: ..looks like a fun winter again this year around here...:mad:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Sounds pretty cool, but I know that's just the 3000 miles talking!

How are your heating plans going?

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Warm so far!..

My mother is lucky to get assistance for heating oil,being on social security and 78 years old..but we have already gotten one tankfull,I think it was 340 bucks to top it off,last month..I think she's only eligible for about 700 bucks worth for the whole winter until april,so that means one more full tank and thats about it..then we'll have to pay for it,or hope Bush releases more money for the assistance programs..they usually add more money in February..

The suck part about me living here with her,is if I get a job,she loses a lot of her assistance benifits..I'm a burden more than a help in that case..:doah: --I had to sign a statement saying I haven't worked or had any income over a certain amount for the year ,I forget exactly how much...which unfortunately is the truth!..I havent made more than a few hundred bucks this year..been sick a lot,and staying home isn't profitable..

Guess my hot air oil fired furnace in my shop is not going to be used again this year..didn't use it last winter,and now I learned water leaking into the smoke stack ruined the stack switch,plus the pipe elbow rotted out!...sigh..I dont have 100 bucks for a new stack switch,so I'll have to hot wire it with 2 switches,and stay right in the shop and watch it like a hawk if I use it at all..which isn't likely,with diesel being 2.60 a gallon!..Good thing I have wood stoves out there too..but even wood is getting harder to come by now..:( many sources I had for free pallets have dried up..many places use recycling services,or no longer are in bussiness anymore..or use plastic pallets!:mad: !.

Oh well,at least we have wood stoves in the house,and I have quite a bit of wood,enough for a month maybe..but the stoves will aggravate her emphasema ,so we wont use them unless there is no choice..or if the power goes out!..which it did several times last winter..the oil furnace doesn't work too good without electricity!:rolleyes: :crazy: ..I have a few trees dead in the yard I could chop down it times really get hard..

Sometimes I wish I was a fish..wouldn't have theese problems!...:p: