Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got gun racks?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by BigEasy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BigEasy

BigEasy 1/2 ton status

Thinking of getting the G-lox Jeep 2 Rifle Center Mount Rack to go in between my front seats during deer season. Anyone use the G-lox racks, or this rack specifically? Have other types/brands of gun racks you like? Where do you have them mounted? Post up some pics if you can!

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

I used the ones with suction cups and placed them on sliding windows of the top. only problem with that is if you use a soft top. I didn't have any problems with them falling off or out during the time I used them.

3. mxfireman

mxfireman 1/2 ton status

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Those look nice...

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I always wanted to put one of the gun racks in my truck that mounts to the top & holds them against the ceiling. I saw one installed in a Dodge Ramcharger that a gunsmith I know had. It was sweet & you didn't even see them very much. It was an out of site out of mind kind of thing. I now have a rollcage & don't run a top in the K5 much so I don't think I will use one but it was cool & was what I was going to use. I was going to mount it above the rear seat on the fiberglass top.

Harley

6. bodacious

bodacious 1/2 ton status

I have a "Gun Saddle" that I ordered from Cabela's. It fits between the passenger seat and the console , and holds 1 gun with or without a scope. No mounting needed, it "wedges" between the console & seat. It works great if you carry just 1 rifle / shotgun. I tried those "suction cup" racks, and, IMO, they...."SUCK". :waytogo:

7. hatchetjack

hatchetjack Registered Member

I have them in my cj7, my cj5, my bro-in-law's cj2, and in my K5. Been using them for about five years now with only one complaint, and that was because of where the quick-detach stud was mounted on one of my rifles. And i agree about the suction cup racks creating a fairly large vacuum......