Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got HAD?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Sep 24, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And of course......

[​IMG]

Sorry for some of the crummy pics, installed drivelines are very hard to photograph.

I just realized my rear brake lines are all over the place again...I gotta get those fixed up before tomorrow morning (Indy jamboree) and bend some new ones soon, what a fawkin mess!!

These are my new drivelines Jesse sponsored me with. Front is a 42* CV with a 1410 on the pinion and cold forged Spicer joint. Rear is a non-CV 1410 with all cold forged Spicer joints again, and u bolts for retention instead of straps.

I was glad to put Jesse's sticker on my truck. He's spent HOURS on the phone with me getting these bad boys dialed in for no more failures!!!

Thanks Jesse!

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thats pretty swank!! Looks like you'll have a tough time breakin it!

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

ah! That looks tough! /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

5. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whats your address? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Whats your address? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Front is about a foot too short, rear is about a foot too long buddy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Pick up the phone and call him, trust me, it's worth it!!

7. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

That looks awesome. Can't wait to get mine. Got to get some more drive train in before I can tell him what I need.

/forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. mudjunkie 82

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Front is about a foot too short, rear is about a foot too long buddy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]Mines a shortbed also /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Mines a shortbed also /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yours might be a shortbed, but it's an auto. My front shaft is 28" long, rear is 52". /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

10. mudjunkie 82

Rigs looking good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifWhats next for it?

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I dunno, I keep flip flopping. Probably fix the winch, you'll notice there's no cable on it, it's in the bed. After that, maybe gears, maybe a crawler box of some kind, maybe say screw it and build a truggy, who knows.......

12. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Whats the chain around the diff? Hows the anit wrap bar work?

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The chain around my diff is strapping the rig down to the trailer because my truck is loaded up to go to Indy tomorrow morning (in about 3 hours) for the 4 wheel nationals.

The anti wrap bar works by pivoting all four directions that it is supposed to, and not allowing the pinion to climb. It really does work, I pulled the sled 286' last weekend (beat a bunch of stock Stupiduties and stuff) and it really worked out great.

There is also a chain on my front axle not visable in these pictures. That is my new limit strap to ensure I won't break the front driveshaft.

14. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Got Had?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, but it's seen it's better days. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
    [​IMG]

15. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Yep, must be a little old if your 14 bolt still has a 1350 joint on it with straps. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I never thought the straps were bad but I took jesse's suggestion and went with the 1410, with the threads milled out so no straps.

Looks like she's holdin' up good though. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

It's about 4 years old. And back then my truck didn't need anything bigger. I still have yet to break any u-joints on front or rear. And the way you see it in the pic is actually how I started the con with. I didn't add anything new while out there. Just scratches. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

17. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

Hey Tim Its nice to have someone worth while to sponsor - I do certainly hope you beat the [censored] out those for us and give us a progress report- I just about got my engine out of mine friday in between calls -I am motivated now with the roller big block sitting there - Jess

18. rodzzilla

rodzzilla 1/2 ton status

What are the specs on the new BB, Jess?

19. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah i dont think you will be haveing any more problems with them now! /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

nice very nice

20. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

.561 lift .280 duration (a nitrous cam) rull roller cam and magnum roller lifters up top aluminum edelbrock 110 cc chambers 290 intakes (oval port)- should be around 9.5 compression holley avenger carb 770 cfm - offenhouser intake - should produce around 500 ft lbs without nitrous and around 600 with - just got my 2500 stall converter also - we will see how long my rear 35 spline 60 lasts - I can tell you this last year in the snow i was lacking horses in certain conditions - now i am lacking tire size - i could rip a set of 44s off if i could fit em- went in sunday night and the small block should be out of there monday sometime - i have to pull the 39's off the truck to pull the motor- JEsse