Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got hi-Def?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gotmud?, Nov 27, 2006.

1. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I do..I do....I love black Friday:D :D

2. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

had it for some time now,,,,, "It's the mirrors" :D

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

nah, I wouldn't have any content if I did... except a few Xbox games... so why bother?

I am going to get the wife a smaller flat panel LCD TV for the bedroom at some point in the near future though. I'll post a thread about it... I'm gonna fab a cool swing-arm mount that attaches to the bedframe so that it can be viewed close-up while sitting/laying in bed. :grin: :thumb:

LCD is the shizzle.

j

4. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

LCD does have a nice pic but I just don't like that matt finish on a large set. Got the 42 inch panasonic plasma just short of 1/2 price:D

5. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

We picked up a Samsung 61" DLP on Wednesday night. Got a few HD channels....got to watch rival weekend in HD. Don't think I could ever go back to our 32" Sony.

6. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, Plasmas are cheaper... but then again, I'm not sure they are gonna have any resale value either. Once the little gas bubbles lose their pixie dust, plasma is worthless. Baring a manufacturing defect, LCD might last ya a lifetime (at least until some new video format comes out, lol!).

for huge flat panels, plasma is definitely the way to go for now. I'm looking for smaller screens though... 20"-ish widescreen for my PC and something in the 24-32" range for the bedroom. The bedroom one doesn't even have to be HD... so long as 480p dvds look good on it, I don't care. :) I've never owned an LCD monitor, but after using my dads for about 2 hours one day I was sold. SO much easier on the eyes than any CRT.

j