Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got hurt riding Saturday

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 79k20350, May 7, 2006.

1. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

So i went riding at a track i have yealry membership too. (like an hour from my house) everything was good for the first few laps. then i came into a tight turn and all of a sudden i got squirley and got thrown of the bike. Well the bike landed on me and the clutch lever stabbed me on the right side of my chest. Pretty good too. So someone helped me pack up and i was on my way home, knowing id have to go to the hospital. That was the worst drive ever. an hour in my yj (rough as hell and a stick:() when i finally got home my step mom took me too the hospital. 3 sets of x rays, a catscan, 2 stiches, a sore side and few bruised ribs later i was on my way home. It sucks. im sore all over and it hurts to breathe (bruised ribs suck.) now im sitting here trying to ctah fumes...lol what a great way to start off the weekend:doah:

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Piture... The first picture is my Buddy mike. some of you may remember i posted up when he broke is back about a month ago. this is the wound that was left after his surgery. all in all his was about 22" long:eek1:

Injuries 001.jpg

Injuries 003.jpg

3. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

lol I guess man nipple is ok. That looks real painful! I thought the first picture was you when I read the description. I was waiting to see how you cut open your side! lol

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Its a good thing i was wearing a chest protector. you can see where it hit the plastic and cracked it. it most of absorbed most the impact, i cant imagine how it would have been if i wasn;t wearing one:eek1: Yeah that my buddy mike, thats not even from his injury, thats how the performed the surgery to his back. they went in from the side to fuse the discs...OUCH!:eek1:

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

yeah i figured guy nipples were ok...

Hey that give me an idea...if we replace female niplles with male nipples in the pen is that exceptable...lol:haha::haha::haha:

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

32 staples?

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Yeah about that, im not sure of the exact number

8. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

I kinda had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. I was in a race, came short on a really big triple, I didnt case it but just bounced off the top and fell pretty lightly. The bike fell on me tho, a flagman pulled the bike off me, and I jumped right up and started going again, cuz it was a race. As I was riding i noticed my leg was starting to hurt, by the end of the race I was sitting most of the time, couldnt really stand on my right leg. After the race was over I went back to my truck, as I was talking my stuff off, I looked down and saw a small hole in my brand new pants. I was all pissed about that, then I took them off and looked down, there has a hole in my inner thigh, like 3 inches above my knee, and there was a 3inch string of fat hanging out, but hardly any blood. After I saw that, I could even walk, it hurt soo bad. Turns out, my front brake lever was broken, the ball at the end was broken off, so it was pretty sharpe so it went right in my leg. I had to get like 20 stitches, and couldnt walk on it from months. After that I always replace broken clutch or brake levers. I have far worst wrecks than that tho, Ive been to the ER like 4 times from racing.

9. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

The thing that sucks though is my lever wasnt even broken, it hit the ground, broke, bounced, then hit me:mad:

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

they should make levers and perches out of unobtaniam
    those seem to be always the first thigs to brake on the bike
    oh, and shifter and brake levers too
    though those mostley bend,but still

11. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Do you have an aftermarket folding shift lever? I always had one on my bikes (Suzuki RM 125 and Yamaha YZ 250). I raced motocross for about 5-years. I cannot belive I never seriously injured myself the whole time; although I did have several pretty wicked crashes, while racing other guys...trying to see who had the biggest balls to keep the throttle open the longest, in order to get the best line through a turn or over a jump. If you have any bruised or cracked ribs, then the only cure for that is TIME.

12. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Nope, no folding shift lever here, i dont think that would have made a differance given the way it happened. in 8 + yrs of riding this is the most serious ive ever been hurt which i guess is pretty lucky but sucks all the same:(

13. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

damn nick sorry to hear that... i havent had anything like this happen to me yet... but i think it'd hurt more with my 400lb quad landing on me than a dirtbike.

14. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

This wouldnt of happened on a quad...not they way this did. it was so stupid, the line was super deep with some big bumps and idk, i just lost it:mad: Fortunatley this is the worst thing that ever happened to me while riding up to this point.

15. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

Yeah i feel for you. I was at walkens a couple of weeks ago riding my buddies guad :shame: i know i know a quad im just asking for trouble. Any ways riding my buddies quad because i had the itchn to ride and my bike blew up a week before. Soo i hit the table top and go into the corner 4 gear pined to hit the next table top just like i was all day long and it gos compleatly side ways i get trown from it and dislocate my elbow. Now at this point they decied to water the track and i have to try to fight the water truck to get off the track with one arm. On top of it all it was my right arm and im right handed soo hear i am with a elbow the size of my head and tring to use the throttle. Gezzz thats what i get for riding a stupid quad. :shame: :shame: shame on me. Ill put in some pix later to night

16. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

whoooo, man i did that years ago.coughing HURTS.mine was off the track though. we were practicing and my cousin just got a new KTM 250. well he let my friend mike ride it and we started racing down a feild that we never rode. we were going balls out and i was ahead,and i saw a hill. i thought" not only will i win ,but i'll jump for the grande finnaly".:haha: when i was about 20 ft away i realized it was a refrigerater laying on its side:eek1: :eek1: . TOO late.i bent my frame, cracked my helmet in three places, and did not remember the next 4 hours.:haha: :haha: and i had a tire mark across my right rib cage for almost 10 months.:D :D :D :D