Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got in a wreck today..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ncbloodhound, Oct 18, 2004.

1. ncbloodhound

ncbloodhound 1/2 ton status

I'm ok, everyone else is ok.. A hit and run accident happened right in front of me. I stopped, but the guy behind me didn't. He hit me and then he ran too!

I am glad the first upgrade on my blazer was a 4x4 iron rear tire carrier bumper! (nice plug uh?) The ball on my drop down hitch went through his bumper... He hit it hard enough, that it tweeked my bumper downwards which caused the frame to shear right at the upper bolt holes.

Witnesses chased the first guy down and he wrecked again then took off on foot... one foot. He was 1 legged and drunk. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Nice combination, but he actually got away after trying to jump in the back of another witnesses truck. The cops looked up his information and this is his second hit and run in 12 days. Plus one of the cops had a stack of citations for other offenses.

As for the guy that hit me. I got his license plate number, but the cops said he didn't have insurance so I can forget about getting any money. Good thing I have good insurance. They will go after him for me.

Anyway, thought I'd share...

2. rubbinz raczn

rubbinz raczn 1/2 ton status

paybacks are a bitch! /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

That really sucks, too bad you didnt punch a hole in his radiator. I see your in harrisburg, anywhere near there to wheel lol, thats legal. I drive through harrisburg most days, so i can take back roads(more fun than 485) on the way home from uncc.

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Good to hear you're ok! Nice freak circumstances you get in your crash; 1-legged and drunk! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'd keep up on whats happening. Sue the guy and keep on the police to make sure he loses his license. I know at least in Pennsylvania, driving without insurance they say you will lose your license. After my dad and I got t boned by a bitch that ran a stop sign, we discovered cops don't seem to do that /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. She even lied at the scene and said she had insurance. We sued her and luckily she had a trust fund of some kind(why do crazy people always seem to have trust funds?) and got money for the truck from that.

6. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd keep up on whats happening. Sue the guy and keep on the police to make sure he loses his license. I know at least in Pennsylvania, driving without insurance they say you will lose your license. After my dad and I got t boned by a bitch that ran a stop sign, we discovered cops don't seem to do that /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif. She even lied at the scene and said she had insurance. We sued her and luckily she had a trust fund of some kind(why do crazy people always seem to have trust funds?) and got money for the truck from that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The one legged guy didn't have a license. As for the guy that hit me, I don't know. They haven't caught him yet.

7. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    That really sucks, too bad you didnt punch a hole in his radiator. I see your in harrisburg, anywhere near there to wheel lol, thats legal. I drive through harrisburg most days, so i can take back roads(more fun than 485) on the way home from uncc.

[/ QUOTE ]

No where nearby to wheel...legally. There is a new subdivision going in across the street from mine, but at one point they had no trespassing signs. I don't see the signs anymore, but I don't see anyone wheel there anymore either.

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    The one legged guy didn't have a license. As for the guy that hit me, I don't know. They haven't caught him yet.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh I thought you were saying the guy that hit you didn't have insurance. Interesting they haven't got him yet, I mean when I get a license plate number on someone that runs from the gas pumps(I work at a gas station) they usually get the guy within like 30-60 minutes. Maybe not directly contact that guy but they know where he lives and are at the house in that time.

9. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh I thought you were saying the guy that hit you didn't have insurance. Interesting they haven't got him yet, I mean when I get a license plate number on someone that runs from the gas pumps(I work at a gas station) they usually get the guy within like 30-60 minutes. Maybe not directly contact that guy but they know where he lives and are at the house in that time.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy that hit me doesn't have insurance, but I don't know if he had a license. They could tell from his license plate that it was an uninsured vehicle. They said they will go by his house and look for damage. If they find damage on the vehicle then the are going to arrest him for felony hit and run. At least that is what they told me. We will see. Either way I am taken care of. I have great insurance (my mom is my insurance agent).

10. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

do you have any pic's of your frame? I have that bumper on order and now i want to come up with an idea to prevent what happened to your truck, I thought that might be a problem with the hitch hanging down that low. Mabye ill weld some plat on the side of the frame??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

11. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

??????? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

12. ncbloodhound

[ QUOTE ]
    do you have any pic's of your frame? I have that bumper on order and now i want to come up with an idea to prevent what happened to your truck, I thought that might be a problem with the hitch hanging down that low. Mabye ill weld some plat on the side of the frame??? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Here are the pics. Sorry so late. I have been busy.
    Note: If i had 3 bolts in, I don't think it would have been as bad. When I bought the bumper the holes were already in it and they didn't line up right with the holes in my frame.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

glad to hear your ok.my hitch poked the passengerside door of a guy that couldn't stop in a 99 T- bird. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

14. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

Sorry about the wreck. Too bad Chevy doesn't make their frames tougher /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

If you will drill your frame to match with that front hole in the frame bracket you will not have that problem anymore. Of course the guy that hit you might also still be stuck on your receivver too. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif