Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got in trouble in auto class today...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MEPR, Nov 28, 2002.

1. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well so today in auto tech we werent doing much of anything. So i turned to one of my friends and said "how well do you think the tahoe flexes" (we have a 2001 tahoe LT that we get to play whith). So we whent and got the floor jack placed it and stated jacking. And all i have to say is those things flex realy well. We got it about 18" of the ground and it didnt even look like the suspension was working. Then the teacher came up and said "drop the tahoe down are you trying to bend my frame". So anyway thats just one of my adventures in auto tech. More to come im shure...

2. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

thats cool, in my autoclass some kid was up on a lift, testing the 4wd on an s-10 blazer POS, the vacuum line that leads to the front diff got melted off, and they were trying to make it work, and he'd have the wheels spinning and the front ones werent, then he made an attempt at shifting it, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT............ it was just grinding and you could see the kid trying to put it back in 2 hi, OMG i never laughed so hard, it was a coustomer vehicle too /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif. and many times after that, they still couldnt figure out the 4wd. all i could do was sit there and laugh as i was working on the only chevy 1\2 ton truck there. i couldnt stop laughing, it just reminded me of when my friend ryan went to shift into 4lo on his 01' jeep wrangler, on the move..., he couldnt get it into any range, all it did was emit loud grinding noises when he moved the shifter out of Neutral on the T-case, i was holding back so much laughter, i started hyper ventilateing because i was laughing so hard when i got home. i dunno, its just somthin with me and gear grinding noises /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

alll kinds of wierd things seem to go on in these auto classes..my freind joe is in one hear and he tells me all kinds of crazy sh!t that happens..one kid just the other day drove a costomer car right into the wall driving it in the garage!! ill be in that class next year..i was a dumb ass and didnt take it this year... /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Funny stories here, guys, but can you go back and edit the "GGGRRRRRRRIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!" thing so its not so long as to make the page so wide across? /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

5. in my auto class a few yrs ago, i saw 3 cars fall of the lift, lol. man, we got in soo much trouble there. but i also learned alot there.

6. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

The local Q-Lube guy's dropped a 97 BMW into the oil pit.... the one you drive over... the lady was so pissed... her fresh coffee spilt all over her fabric seats... lol

My buddie and I, he drives a tow truck, got to go pull it out... hehe...

SCRAPE.....
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    LOL

7. BigMac

BigMac 1/2 ton status

My auto tech teacher used to let the jacks down on ya if your were not using stands... he was a crochety old guy that didnt take no sh!t.

Do they have auto machine up there too? I used to get auto machine at night and auto tech in the morning. It was kinda cool rebuilding my electronics teachers engine..

8. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I've seen students not paying attention driving their cars up onto the alignment racks...get one side on the rack and the other side tire is barly haging on... They get almost on the rack and then one side of the car falls off... One guy bent some stuff on his car doing that.

..HEll i almost saw it happen again last night.

My class is right next to the engine lab so all night we get to hear kids starting the engine, and grinding the starter into the flywheel while its still spinning. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

What is that grinding noise anyway? That happens in my girlfriends 00 Wrangler and my friends 01 Dodge Dakota.