Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Got into an accident [Update PICS]

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by anatomiczero, Sep 18, 2003.

1. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

I was making a left hand turn onto a street, Didn't see the truck so I turned then noticed it coming and tried to beat it but didn't. It clipped my rear quarter by the taillight, bent the bumper pretty good and smashed the quarter into the tailgate so I probably can't open it.

The woman driving the truck asked if I was ok, I said yes and she told me she was ok. Then her husband showed up with a video camera taping everything. The woman was going to drive home and said her lower back was a LITTLE sore. But her husband tolled them to call the ambulance.

Tomorrow I have to go to my insurance and deal with that and hopefully get the my old tail light back on there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Re: Got into an accident

at least your ok. I hope everything goes good for you. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. anatomiczero

Do you think they can sue me for anything? I have insurance, but can they still take me to court?

4. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

now adays they sue for anything,look at the fat people that sued Mcdonalds saying they made them fat......go figure

5. loudnowlouder

loudnowlouder 1/2 ton status

well it depends on what kind of people they are, its real common to have a sore back or neck from an accident, if they're honest people they'll deal with it for the few days and get over it...if they're a$$clowns they can and probably will try to make a claim on your insurance, those things are hard to prove or disprove, if its just a muscle pain thye can claim to be in pain but show no signs of damage.....as long as you have insurance and werent drinking, driving recklessly, etc they cant really sue you for anything, the worst case is they'll make a claim for bodily injury on your insurace, which will suck since your rates will jump...just pray that there are some honest people left in this world

6. anatomiczero

The Insurance agent said 9 times out of 10 it would be my fault but she should have avoided me so some of the blame might be hers. My truck is driveable so I'm not worried about how it looks.

7. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

looks like you need to cal 4x4 iron now /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

8. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

shitty

9. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

was it a 4 way intersection, did she have her left turn signal on?

10. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that sucks on another note i did more damage minus the bumper when i went on my last trail run same fender also /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif see these things do hold up well /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Do you think they can sue me for anything? I have insurance, but can they still take me to court?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, they can't sue you, only your insurance company. That's why you have insurance.

Deny everything.

12. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

it sounds like her husband was a little worked up.maybe he's calmed down now,she couldn't be hurt that bad you don't have enough damage for her to break a nail.well i guess that depends on what kind of truck she was driving.as long as you have ins. you'll be straight. /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

13. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

ouch. WEll, she clipped you. They might be able to get you for not letting her have the right of way, and then your insurance company will say that due to the nature of the impact (clipping your rear) that she made no reasonable effort to slow down (skid marks) or avoid the crash.

BTW, Get a 12" lift, next time, it wont clip your body...

14. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

now you can bob it and not feel guilty /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

good thing you had the cheesy factory rear bumper on there... a beefy aftermarket one prolly wouldnt have folded over so easy and may have tweaked the frame and all the jazz. I guess now you have a good excuse to get a beefy one tho. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif glad ur ok. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

it looks like she clip you there fore from my understanding of trafic law she is at fault. 9times out of 10 theres a bit of a rule my state trooper buddy says works perty well, if they hit infront of the centerline of the vehicle you are at faul, if its behind then they could have easilly avoided it and they are at fault. I hope that rule holds up in your case /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

17. SUBFAN

SUBFAN 1/2 ton status

What did the Police say? You did call them didn't you?

You may feel somewhat responsible, but it looks to me like she clipped you too....

18. anatomiczero

The police told me it was my fault, don't know what the other person said to them. I guess i'll wait and see what happens.

19. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

Was this a side street, something with a 25 mph speed limit?
    I dont know what the car that hit you looks like but I would be questioning her speed with that that damage. If she was exceding the speed limit then you could have safely completed your turn. Did she heit her brakes or was she in lala land. All things id consider and look into, go to the scene take pictures look for stop marks on the steet, nothing like a accident to double your insurance.
    good luck
    brad