Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

GOT IROKS ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by walla2k5, Oct 22, 2004.

1. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Who has IROKS? How do they go in the mud,snow? Are they nice and flexable when aired down? How well do they wear? Need some help here guys, k5's almost done... /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

My first run on my 39.5" Iroks sucked. At 6 psi I could hardly grip the granite I was climbing. On a rock, soil mixture climb, I wasn't getting any traction either. Oh well, I still have faith once they are broke in a little.

Edit: I forgot to mention that at 8psi I was hardly getting any sidewall flex but again this is due to them being new I hope.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I wanted to be more impressed with IROKs, but thus far, the only thing I'm impressed with about them, is the price.

4. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

yeah I plan to beat the hell out of them and hope that they work out ok. My next set will be 42" TSL's

5. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

I ran a set of 42in. "old" TSL's on a '73 k20 for a couple of years they did awsome in the dirt-n-mud, but not worth
    a $#@% in the snow... These new IROKS look promising, keep me posted as to how they treat you /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

My dad and I both run them, first trip out they were ok, but they start to break in and once you get a little rock rash on em holy crap they work bitchin, Im amazed how well they grip. I run the 36's and my dad runs the 40's.

7. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

I run them and they are incredible /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gifI am probably at about 55-60% tread life on mine now and I get decent bulge at 10 psi. Its hard to notice on the flat ground but when you get into the rocks you'll really notice them wrapping around. Alot of us were running them in Moab - everything from the 36" to 42" tires - and not one person had any negative comments other than tread life on pavement. Mine did not enjoy the drive to Moab and back. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif I also have no doubt that they will do excellent in the snow as well because of how well they handle in the heavy rain. They make roads feel dry.

I would highly recommend these tires to anyone. I will probably end up using them again when I go to 39.5's.

8. Paxx

Paxx 1/2 ton status

One thing I forgot to mention though is that they seem to chunk alot worse than the TSL's. Mine are chunked up pretty bad - but they still chew like crazy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif